Today I am stopping by to share another recipe with you. It’s a lovely pasta dish that’s very easy and quick to make. A perfect choice for a weeknight dinner. So if you are looking for a flavorful meal that is nourishing and will please the crowds, this is it. We really loved it…
With lots of love,
(This yummy recipe was inspired by www.bestrecipesevar.com.)
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups (1400 ml) chicken broth
- 14 oz (400 grams) penne
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup (190 grams) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (170 ml) heavy cream
- ¾ cup (80 grams) grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large skillet or pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 12 minutes). Place the chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet, add the onion, ½ tsp salt and cook until the onion softens. Then stir in the garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, then add the pasta. Cook until the liquid is very thick and syrupy (almost completely absorbed), 12 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broccoli florets and sun-dried tomatoes, cover and cook until the broccoli is almost tender (4-5 minutes).
- On medium-high heat, stir in the cream, Parmesan, chicken and allow to simmer uncovered until the chicken is heated through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the lemon juice.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.