Today I am stopping by to share another recipe with you. It’s a lovely pasta dish that’s very easy and quick to make. A perfect choice for a weeknight dinner. So if you are looking for a flavorful meal that is nourishing and will please the crowds, this is it. We really loved it…
With lots of love,
(This yummy recipe was inspired by www.bestrecipesevar.com.)
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Skillet With Parmesan
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups (1400 ml) chicken broth
- 14 oz (400 grams) penne
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup (190 grams) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (170 ml) heavy cream
- ¾ cup (80 grams) grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large skillet or pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 12 minutes). Place the chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet, add the onion, ½ tsp salt and cook until the onion softens. Then stir in the garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, then add the pasta. Cook until the liquid is very thick and syrupy (almost completely absorbed), 12 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broccoli florets and sun-dried tomatoes, cover and cook until the broccoli is almost tender (4-5 minutes).
- On medium-high heat, stir in the cream, Parmesan, chicken and allow to simmer uncovered until the chicken is heated through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the lemon juice.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link