If you are looking for a nice comfort meal that will satisfy you and your loved ones then you need to look no longer.
Because this is the right thing for you.
I just know it.
It’s Chicken Parmesan.
A flavorful combination of chicken, tomato sauce and cheese.
The best thing ever!
Here are the ingredients.
1. We are going to start by preparing the tomato sauce.
First, grate one half of the onion and place it into a medium saucepan.
It sounds like a strange thing to do – to grate an onion – but doing so will create smaller onion pieces and release more of the onion’s juices.
But then, you know how it works – rules are made to be broken. So if you don’t feel like grating it, then just give it a good chop.
2. Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into the onions and place the saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Heat the mixture up and let the onions saute for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Peel the cloves of garlic, press them and add them into the saucepan.
If you don’t have a press then just mince the garlic finely.
5. Cook until fragrant – for about one minute.
6. Then add the tomatoes.
7. Add the oregano, salt and sugar.
8. Bring to a simmer. Then reduce the heat to maintain the simmer.
9. Cook uncovered for about 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, we can prepare the chicken.
10. Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
11. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water and pat dry – this is the thing I just always do, probably because my Mom said so.
12. Working one at a time, place a chicken cutlet between two layers of plastic wrap (or wax paper).
With a meat pounder, pound the chicken pieces to flatten them to an even thickness – between 1/4 – 1/2 inch (0.6 – 1 cm).
If you don’t have a meat pounder, you can use a rubber mallet, an empty wine bottle or a heavy rolling pin.
Working in kitchen can be a lot of fun sometimes.
13. Salt the chicken pieces generously.
14. Now we need two bowls.
In one bowl whisk together the eggs.
15. And in the second bowl mix together one half of the Parmesan cheese (grated) and the breadcrumbs.
16. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
17. Dredge the chicken pieces (one piece at a time) first in the egg mixture…
18. …and then in the breadcrumbs.
I like to use tongs or two forks to do this.
Or both if I feel especially mischievous.
19. Then lay the pieces in the hot pan.
20. Turn the heat to medium, then gently fry the cutlets until they are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
21. Spread about 3/4 of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) casserole pan or baking dish.
22. Once the cutlets are nicely browned on both sides, arrange them on top of the tomato sauce.
23. Spoon the rest of the tomato sauce over each of the cutlets.
24. Slice the basil leaves roughly and sprinkle them over the sauce.
Me love basil!
Me have my own plant!
Me is happy to have my own plant!
25. Grate (or slice) the mozzarella (or Edam cheese) thinly…
26. …and place the slices on top.
27. Sprinkle the whole dish with the rest (1/2 cup – 50 grams) of the Parmesan cheese.
28. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Serve this scrumptious meal with spaghetti and the remaining sauce.
Or… mm… in a large roll.
And most importantly – enjoy, dear friends!
(This recipe was adapted from SimplyRecipes.com.)
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.