I have a lovely weeknight dinner idea for you today. If you don’t have too much time on your hands but still would like to serve your loved ones something delicious and slightly extraordinary, I highly recommend this Brown Butter Chicken Pasta to you. It is super quick and the brown butter adds a whole new dimension of flavor to the meal. It’s truly addictive!
If you’d like to find out more, please see the details below….
- 16 oz (450 grams) bow-tie pasta
- 1 stick (110 grams) unsalted butter
- 32 oz (950 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups (200 grams) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (320 grams) halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (120 grams) fresh spinach
- ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp red paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue to cook until it bubbles and turns a caramel brown color.
- Add the pasta to the pot and let cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and stir.
- Season with ¼ tsp salt, ¾ tsp red paprika powder, 1 tsp dried garlic, ½ tsp curry powder, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp dried parsley and 1 tsp dried chives. Stir. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed by the pasta, stirring occasionally. If all liquid is gone before your pasta is done, add more water and continue to simmer.
- While the pasta is simmering, in a skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and place over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, season with about ¾ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Cook until done.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet into a separate bowl. Cover with foil.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the skillet. Season with a little salt. Saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add in the spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Once all of the chicken broth has been absorbed into the pasta, toss the mushroom-tomato-spinach mixture and the chicken into the pot with the pasta. Stir well to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
(This lovely recipe was adapted from BigBearsWife.com. Thanks Angie!)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.