When I stumbled upon a Lemon Pasta recipe a few days ago, the whole concept seemed so unusual and intriguing to me that I just knew I had to try it.
And the result?
This simple dish is full of nicely balanced bright flavors. The combination of lemon and garlic is a match made in heaven. And the addition of Parmesan cheese brings just about anything to a whole different level of the greatest kind.
Simple, refreshing, satisfying. I wholeheartedly recommend this meal to you.
You can find all the necessary details below.
- ½ pound (250 grams) spaghetti
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (50 grams) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain reserving ½ cup (120 ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Add spaghetti to the lemon sauce; toss with basil and lemon zest.
- Toss pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This lovely recipe was adapted from CookingOnTheSide.com.