When I stumbled upon a Lemon Pasta recipe a few days ago, the whole concept seemed so unusual and intriguing to me that I just knew I had to try it.
And the result?
This simple dish is full of nicely balanced bright flavors. The combination of lemon and garlic is a match made in heaven. And the addition of Parmesan cheese brings just about anything to a whole different level of the greatest kind.
Simple, refreshing, satisfying. I wholeheartedly recommend this meal to you.
You can find all the necessary details below.
- ½ pound (250 grams) spaghetti
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (50 grams) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain reserving ½ cup (120 ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Add spaghetti to the lemon sauce; toss with basil and lemon zest.
- Toss pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This lovely recipe was adapted from CookingOnTheSide.com.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.