I have a dessert idea for you today. The simplest, easiest, quickest dessert in the whole universe. And it might be the most delicious one as well… It’s Baked Apples with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon – a very sweet way how to welcome the first days of Autumn.
1. To make the recipe, first cut an apple in half and core it. You can peel the apples beforehand but it’s not necessary really, the decision depends solely on your preference. I like all the good and healthy stuff that the peel offers, so I decided to keep it.
I am using Gala apples here because they are one of my favorites. Of course, any other kind of apple can be used for this recipe.
2. Next, slice each half into very thin slices – approximately 20 slices for each half.
You will end up with a rather large pile of apple slices.
3. Working in layers, place the slices in the center of an aluminum foil rectangle (make sure that the foil is big enough to wrap around all the apples), sprinkling each layer with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Just like this. Looks promising already.
4. Gather each corner of the foil up and pinch it together to keep all of the gorgeous brown sugar and cinnamon sauce in the packet while baking.
5. Place the packet on a baking sheet and bake at 400 °F (200 °C) for about 30 minutes or until nicely cooked through.
And here we go!
The smell? Pure Fall! Just amazing!
I really loved how the brown sugar and cinnamon combined with the juices of the apple making their very own divine sauce.
I recommend serving this delightful dessert immediately, while still warm. It can be served as is or with a some vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmmm, so good!
(This gorgeous recipe was adapted from www.wenderly.com.)
- 1 apple, halved and cored,
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 piece aluminum foil
- Cut an apple in half and core it.
- Slice each half into very thin slices - approximately 20 slices for each half.
- Working in layers, place the slices in the center of an aluminum foil rectangle, sprinkling each layer with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Gather each corner of the foil up and pinch it together to keep the juices in the packet while baking.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet and bake at 400 °F (200 °C) for about 30 minutes or until nicely cooked through.
- Serve warm.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
4 thoughts on “Baked Apples With Brown Sugar And Cinnamon”
Looks absolutely delicious, Petra. And indeed perfect for the season. D
Apples, cinnamon and brown sugar when combined is the ultimate flavour combination. I can imagine how good these baked apples must have tasted… definitely going to be recreating the recipe. Thanks for sharing it!
I llove this! I put the apples over oatmeal for a sweet breakfast!
Delight! Hmmm 🙂