This is for all the cheesecake fans out there!
I have something delicious for you… this cheesecake is sinfully chocolaty, it’s also refreshingly tangy and it has the most wonderful thick texture that will remind you of a chocolate mousse.
Heaven on earth, indeed!
When I think about it, you will not even commit that much sin because low-fat cream cheese is used here and the crust doesn’t use any melted butter.
So yeah… I can see nothing that could stop us from making this delicious cheesecake right now…
Here’s all that we need.
1. To make your cheesecake, first preheat the oven to 325 F (165 C).
2. Line a 10 (or 12)-cup rectangular or square baking pan with parchment or wax paper. Then spray it with cooking spray (or brush it with some vegetable oil).
3. Process the cookies in a food processor until finely ground (I am using butter cookies here).
4. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan.
5. Blend the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add the cocoa, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla extract and the eggs and whisk until smooth again.
6. Pour the mixture into the pan.
7. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks.
Chocolate chips would work well too.
8. Bake until just set, 35 to 40 minutes. Then turn off the oven and with the oven door slightly ajar, let the cheesecake sit inside for an hour.
9. Let cool completely in the pan. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
10. Cut into squares.
Serve as is… or with whipped cream… or with fresh fruit… or with hot fruit sauce… or with anything that makes you happy.
Enjoy, dear friends!
(This recipe was inspired by Chocolate Cheesecake from Martha Stewart. This dessert should be stored in the fridge.)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.