I treated myself to some delicious cookies yesterday.
They were Peanut Butter Cookies, to be more precise.
I ate many, to be even more precise… pure bliss!
These cookies are unbelievably easy to make. Even kids can help and have a great time.
Both smooth peanut butter or the crunchy one can be used, the choice is yours.
The result will be just irresistible!
Here’s what you need.
You can replace 1/2 cup of the white sugar with its brown alternative if you can find it in your pantry or if you are a better recipe planner than me…
1. To make the cookies, first beat the butter until creamy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the sugar, beat for 2 more minutes.
3. Mix in the peanut butter and egg.
Just like this.
The mixture is starting to look lovely, isn’t it?
4. Now mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
6. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Because I was in a hurry, my dough spent less time in the fridge than it was supposed to… which in turn resulted in a little flatter cookies… so, hm, don’t be like me…
7. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
8. Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) balls.
Place the dough balls about 3 inches (8 cm) apart on a lined cookie sheet.
9. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
10. Bake until light brown, about 9-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Enjoy, dear friends!
(Source: simplyrecipes.com. Makes about 24 cookies.)
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
6 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Cookies”
I sure do love peanut butter cookies! Yours look delicious!
Yummy recipe. Maybe I should cover them with dark chocolate too.
… the greatest idea ever! 🙂 Petra
I am glad you treated yourself. These looking delicious!
I came across this recipe a couple of days ago and tried it out the very next morning with my 4yo and oh my goodness….they were/are AMAZING! They turned out super soft and light which is exactly how I prefer my cookies. Thank you so so so much for posting this recipe!
Mmmm.. love peanut butter cookies! Yours look divine!