I love apple recipes.
The recipe section of this little blog of mine holds quite a few of them, as I’ve noticed.
For some reason, a nice apple dessert baking in the oven is the epitome of home to me. It probably is so because my Mom used to make a lot of apple treats for me and my sister when we were kids, and she still does. Because she’s the best!
Anyhow, here’s another lovely, refreshing, house-warming apple recipe that I am sure you will enjoy as much as I did…
Here’s what we need.
1. To make your own Apple And Berry Crumble, first preheat the oven to
390 °F (200 °C).
2. Then peel, core and cube the apples.
3. Place the apples, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of granulated white sugar, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon in a small pot or a saucepan.
4. Cover and cook over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until quite soft.
5. Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of butter in a larger bowl.
6. Use your fingers to combine all the ingredients until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs.
7. Place the apple mixture in a 11 x 7-inch (28 x 18 cm) baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the berries over the apples. I am using frozen and slightly thawed berry mixture here.
9. Top the fruit with the crumble mixture.
Just like this.
10. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golder-brown.
11. Serve warm with your favorite ice-cream.
Vanilla ice-cream works especially great here.
Enjoy this fall deliciousness, dear friends!
(This lovely recipe was adapted from Yummly.com.)