I love apple recipes.
The recipe section of this little blog of mine holds quite a few of them, as I’ve noticed.
For some reason, a nice apple dessert baking in the oven is the epitome of home to me. It probably is so because my Mom used to make a lot of apple treats for me and my sister when we were kids, and she still does. Because she’s the best!
Anyhow, here’s another lovely, refreshing, house-warming apple recipe that I am sure you will enjoy as much as I did…
Here’s what we need.
1. To make your own Apple And Berry Crumble, first preheat the oven to
390 °F (200 °C).
2. Then peel, core and cube the apples.
3. Place the apples, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of granulated white sugar, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon in a small pot or a saucepan.
4. Cover and cook over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until quite soft.
5. Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of butter in a larger bowl.
6. Use your fingers to combine all the ingredients until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs.
7. Place the apple mixture in a 11 x 7-inch (28 x 18 cm) baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the berries over the apples. I am using frozen and slightly thawed berry mixture here.
9. Top the fruit with the crumble mixture.
Just like this.
10. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golder-brown.
11. Serve warm with your favorite ice-cream.
Vanilla ice-cream works especially great here.
Enjoy this fall deliciousness, dear friends!
(This lovely recipe was adapted from Yummly.com.)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.