How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers

how to make simple crochet slippers free pattern free tutorial free picture tutorial free picture pattern

IMPORTANT NOTE: This pattern uses US crochet terminology. You can find the SLIPPER SIZE, YARN and HOOK specifications at the end of this article !!!

(To see more of my patterns, please visit my ONLINE SHOP!)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am an addict.

An addict for crochet slippers.

It all began when I saw slippers similar to these somewhere on the internet.

I loved them so much I couldn’t get their tempting image out of my head.

All I needed was a pattern.

But because I am terribly, terribly impatient, I found creating my own pattern quicker than looking for an official one on the web.

And since I’m no crochet guru, the pattern turned out to be really simple.

Actually, these slippers might be the simplest slippers in the universe.

Or not.

But they might.

This is what I did…

Round 1: 5 ch (chain stitch);  join into ring with sl st (slip stitch)

Round 2: 3 ch;  7 dc (double crochet stitch) into the center of the ring;  join with sl st

Round 3: 3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch;  2 dc into each next stitch; join with sl st

Round 4: 3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch;  2 dc into each next stitch

Round 5 – 13: (continue crocheting in spiral);  1 dc into each dc

Row 14: turn (!);  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  make 20 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 15 – 21: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 20 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 22: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch from hook;  continue 21 dc (1 dc into each next dc);  another 1 dc into last stitch

Row 23 – 25: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 22 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 26: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch from hook;  continue 23 dc (1 dc into each next dc); another 1 dc into last stitch

Row 27 – 28: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 24 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Finish off and weave in the ends.

Fold the end in half and sew it together.

Make sure it’s turned like shown in the picture  – with the seam finally facing inward.

Done.

Now for the edging:

Tie a yarn of the same or different color to the edge of the slipper.

That will make our first ‘stitch’.

Make 2 chain stitches.

Then make 1 single crochet into the next bigger (as I call it) ‘hole’.

Then make 1 chain stitch.

Continue this pattern (1 single crochet stitch; 1 chain stitch) along the edge of your slipper.

Finally, make 1 slip stitch to join with the first stitch.

Finish off end weave in the ends.

And this is it.

You can adorn these slippers with colorful buttons, flowers or even crochet swirls.

I really hope you’ll find as much passion in making them as I have.
And for your inspiration, here are a few more crochet slippers that I’ve made:

Enjoy, dear friends.

Love,

Petra

(Oh, one important thing! These slippers were made to fit my feet, which are size 40 – Europe / 6.5 – UK / 9 – US. To adjust the size of these slippers to your feet you may need to change the number of rounds between the round 5 and 13 and the number or rows between the row 15 – 21 of this post. AND… I used worsted weight yarn and G – 4 mm hook to make the slippers.)

(To see more of my patterns, please visit my ONLINE SHOP!)

478 Responses to How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers

[…] These babies have inspired me. The pattern is SO simple (all UK TR!) that you could make yourself a pair in an evening. I’m going to follow someone else’s example and make Despicable Me Minion slippers for my girls for Christmas! […]

Loma Cleave says:

Hi there

loved your pattern have made them for 4 kids so far and a pregnent daughter all love them however I would like tto know how to make the flower or design in the last photo on the plippers or where can I find it. again thanks

Loma

Robynne says:

Thank you so much. I am looking for Christmas gifts to mass produce and this fits the bill!! I also love and appreciate all the great pictures to step us through the process. Thanks alot and Great Job!!

Jess says:

OH MY GOSH. I love you for putting pictures. YOU ARE THE BEST!
    I hope you are so blessed!!!! lol!!

Aroz says:

Thanks so much simple and I love the pictures why does everyone have to make it so hard. Yep im impatient too so will probably adjust them to fit my wide feet and no doubt everyone else in my household will want them. THANK YOU …….

Kel says:

Love you slipper pattern. How much main color yarn did you use? Have one ball of yarn that I want to use for a pair. Can’t find anymore due to discontinued color :(

dana pallessen says:

hello,
    i found your slippers on pinterest. i found the ones withthe flower-brown with pink and brown flower. i see that you have a pattern now for the slippers, but no pattern for the flower. can you share that also? look forward to hearing from you,

dana

Kristina says:

I would love to know how to the spider slippers those are so cute. Could you let me know.

Melissa says:

I would love the pattern for the blue and pink flower too! That is just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this pattern. I am going to whip up a pair tonight!

NguuNgo says:

i love it so much

[…] gives it a little bit more of a shoe like feel and allows you to tighten them up as needed.  Click here for the […]

[…] 1. Cum să croşetezi papuci de casă, un tutorial foarte uşor pentru incepători, aici. […]

Kristen says:

I have been trying to make these slippers for three days. I have followed all the instructions up until about round 7. I am frustrated because my circle is flat until round 6 when it starts to turn into itself. Am I doing something wrong or will my slipper begin to take shapr the more rounds I do? Help!! I want to make these so bad!!! Thank u!

Autumn says:

that’s what mine did too, just keep working on it and it should take more shape! if you get to about round 9 or 10 and it’s still looking a little weird, maybe double check all of your steps and watch some videos about crocheting in the round. :)

Mary Lou Sagaser says:

Since this is in a “spiral” round, the upper edge of your crocheting is going to be uneven (it will spiral upward). To keep track of your rounds, it’s helpful to use a marker. Put one in the beginning or ending of round 5. If your crocheting is turning in on itself, you’re probably putting too many stitches in each row. Make sure you’re only putting one dc in each stitch.

Kyra says:

These are amazing, and the first pattern that I have found that is actually free. Does anyone know where or how to find the pattern for the flowers that are on the pink slippers? The others are cute too, but I have a specific request for those flowers and I can’t figure them out! Please and thank you a million!

Egle says:

Oh my! Thank you so much! Just made a pare for my husband :-) Look great!

Mary Lou Sagaser says:

I suppose I can figure it out for myself, but it would be nice if you would pattern out the Mary Jane straps and how they are attached (sewn or crocheted on).

[…] Deshalb dachte ich, ich schreibe mir einfach eine Anleitung dazu. Idee für die Form habe ich von hier. Bin gespannt wie es nach dem waschen […]

[…] talked about making your own slippers before, but I really like this post on How To Crochet Slippers. It has a lot of pictures that take you exactly how to do it, like […]

oh, look great. i have been trying to make slippers similar, but they’re so bad

xét nghiệm adn says:

i did it for my daughter, she like it and use every day, love you

iwin 280 says:

i learn but i can not do it. it seem to hard for me but i like , thanks for you. when you tired, you can visit my site and play game iwin

pearlie limar says:

thanks for pictures,i am new at this & the pics help hugely,thanks

pearlie limar says:

thanks for the pictures——helps to see what they should look like while making them.

olen says:

I just learned to make slippers and I hope that I can make the same size as the one I made because I usually have a offal time of counting stitches. I have enjoyed learning to make this one slipper and thanks for all the helpful information.

Nelle says:

Hi have made 2 pair of these slippers, on my 3rd today, thank you so much for the pattern. Iusually knit mine but thought if only I could crochet a pair that would be so nice, again thank you:)

vimal india says:

its simply awesome i love it very much pls contact me in my mail

Selah says:

Thank you for the pattern to these awesome slippers! There’s not much else to say. :-)

Kat Downie says:

I love this easy to use and understand pattern. I will be making a few for Christmas

Donna says:

Love ur slipper pattern. Was very simple and cute. Thanks for sharing

Dianna says:

These are awesome – I have a real problem following crochet directions and yours were so concise and so easy! I sat down and made a pair and they are perfect, first try!! LOVE them!

Jessie says:

I love the slippers,they are awesome!
    I want to try these,if they work,I will be super happy!
    It’s hard to find slippers,in store,because,they have so much fur,or what ever,in
    Them,that my feet sweat,way too much!
    I wished I know how too,save this pattern!
    See,what I can,come up with?
    Thank You,very much!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS,2013 and A HEALTHY, HAPPY, JOYFUL,NEW YEAR! 2014

Nora Guerrero says:

I made 3 pairs using this pattern. I gave tow away for Christmas and kept one for myself. Thank you. Perfect Pattern.

Dawn boos says:

Luv this simple slipper. Started with this easy pattern and added my own twist. Made 13 pairs for Christmas. Grandchildren to my grown sons. Happy. Thank u

Rita de Cassia de Almeida Silva says:

agradeço a ideia ,vou tenta fazer e pretendo colar uma sola de sapatinho .Minha filha adorou a novidade.

Sharon Perkins says:

question: Would you clarify step three? 3 ch; 1 dc into first stitch; 2 dc into each next stitch; join with sl st – would you do 2dc in each stitch around?? Same with the next step….continue around?? I worked the pattern the way it was written and I had seven dc in the ring, then 1 dc in the first stitch, 2dc in the next …then what?? 2dc in each stitch around? Love the pattern – would like to make sure I do it right. I work 16 hour days so time is very limited. I hate ripping out work :D

Gweneth says:

3 chain then double crochet in the same stitch then from that point out ,2 double in each stitch around .

Amanda says:

Hello, What a lovely pattern! I’m going to give it a go this week.

Best wishes
    Amanda

Kyra says:

This pattern is great! It’s easy, but so cute! It fits my foot and is easily adjustable for other foot sizes!! I just made one slipper and it only took me an hour (and that’s wwith a few short breaks taken to attend to my baby) thanks for sharing!

Janette says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot thank you enough….I know I can make this slipper and thank you again for the pattern and pics….

carolina says:

Hola Petra! te estoy escribiendo desde Buenos Aires, Argentina, me encantaron tus slippers, ya hice un par pero aún me falta terminarlas.

Muy buena la explicación y el paso a paso.
    Gracias!!!
    Carolina

[…] For step by step beautifully illustrated instructions on how to make this Crochet Slippers, click on the link…Simple Crochet Slippers – Zoomyummy […]

Emma says:

I really like this pattern a LOT! Petra might claim to be no crochet expert…but she sure has a pattern that WORKS here! I paid money for another similar one, that wasn’t half as good or easy to understand! Anyway, only thing for sure was that I really had to do some sizing down with this. I wear a U.S. size 9, which, according to the pattern, should have worked perfectly with the pattern as written. Everything fit fine as far as the toe part and the sides and all that…but the length was way long for me. I shortened the amount of rows on the “toe tube” and also the length of the heel/ankle section by a couple of rows each part. But, no worries..now I have perfectly fitting slippers that work up fast, and are easy yet look really classy. Thanks! I can’t have too many slippers…going to make more!

Peggy says:

Question – how many stitches should you have at the end of the forth row? I have two slippers of a different size, and I’m wondering which one is wrong. Thanks.

Emma says:

I believe that would be 25 sts. after row 4. Hope that helps!

• 395.1.1
        Emma says:

Oops…sorry. I miscalculated. I think it’s around 42 stitches? Or something like that. You’ll have to add up the previous rows…from 1 to 4 to figure it out. The chains count as a stitch, I believe (they usually do in other patterns).

B Evans says:

Love this pattern. I made my pair a bit too big so I after the trim, I ran my yarn thru and tightened like a draw string. Perfect. And there’s a pretty bow in the back.

Terri says:

I am new to crocheting so this may seem like a silly question but here goes. When imfinsih round 4 do I slip stitch? Also for round 5-13 do I chain for each round?

Ashley says:

i didnt slip stitch after row 4 and i havent chained rows 5-13 and its coming out as pictured. Hope that helps Terri!

Ashley says:

I feel silly with this comment but ive never been good at following written patterns im more of a video gal lol but im so lost after row 4 i kept going in a spiral but it looked nothing like the pic more like a flat circle… someone HELP ME please!!!!

Emma says:

You may be inadvertently adding stitches. After row #4 you don’t chain for each circle and you only put one double crochet into each stitch around. Rows 5 to 13 (in my case 10) is more like a long single spiraling row. I used a stitch marker to give me an idea how many times (“rows”) I went around. The piece should start curling into itself as you go, making a sort of tube with the beginning circle closing off one end. When it started looking like it might be getting close to the right length to cover my toes, I periodically tried it on to see how it fit and where the “tube” came to on my foot.

kenya says:

I luv this pattern. my first pair of slippers turned out very nice for a self taught person like myself. Huge problem I have. I can’t figure out why my slippers turn out soooooo big and I’m not knowledgeable enough to know how to make them smaller. I used the recommended hook size and all. I would greatly appreciate it if u could help me out. Thanks for an awesome pattern

[…] For step by step instructions on how to make this Crochet Slippers, click on the below link: […]