I love these little babies.
Surprisingly, this has been the first time I’ve ever made them myself.
While preparing these Chocolate Lava Cakes I learned that they are super-fun to make.
They are also surprising. That is what you find out when you dig into them.
And, with the generous amount of chocolate they contain, I’m sure they are just super seductive.
That all makes them the perfect dessert choice for Valentine’s Day, don’t you think?
Now, let me invite you to my kitchen and show you how I prepared my version of these adorable sweet cakes…
Here’s what we need.
Couldn’t be simpler.
1. First, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
2. Butter 4 ramekins.
I’ve used 6-ounce (180 ml) ramekins.
3. Then dust the ramekins with some confectioners’ sugar.
4. Now we need the eggs, sugar, coffee, and salt.
5. Throw them all into one bowl and mix them for about 2 minutes.
6. Break the chocolate into pieces. Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
7. Microwave on high in 20-second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
Let cool slightly.
And be strong!
8. Add the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
9. Then add the flour, and whisk just until combined (do not overmix).
10. Pour the batter into prepared ramekins.
I only have two, so I had to bake in two batches.
11. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
12. And bake for about 11 minutes.
13. These babies were baked for about 14 minutes.
Although nice and tasty, they weren’t that ‘molten’ in the center.
I baked the second batch for only 10 minutes.
That was much better.
I really like the moist center.
Aah, I love this game.
But, if I had another chance, which I think I am going to give myself soon, I’d try baking these for exactly 11 minutes.
11 minutes would make them absolutely perfect.
Enjoy, dear friends!
(This recipe makes 4 cakes and was loosely based on Molten Mocha Cakes from www.delish.com.)
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link