We are having a pretty intense crêpe run here in the household of ours.
After making these Banoffee Crêpes a few days ago, the decision was made that more crêpes need to follow. I remembered a lovely recipe I saved the other day where crêpes and Nutella were made into a pair. And the best thing about the recipe was the cute way how the crepes were fold – it was a roll-like shape which makes you want to bite into it like it’s no one’s business. 🙂
So I gave the Nutella stuffed crêpes a try.
And we LOVED them.
The warm crêpes make Nutella wonderfully runny, with every bite tasting just amazingly indulging. Give them a try, you’ll be glad you did.
Here’s how to make them…
To prepare the batter, place the flour, milk, water, sugar, egg and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until combined and smooth.
Make the crêpes just as shown in this Banoffee Crêpes recipe (steps 2 – 4).
Crack open a jar of Nutella and try to be strong at this point and not forget about your crêpes! 🙂
Spread Nutella over a crêpe in a thin layer.
Fold two opposite sides over the Nutella filling to about 1/4 of the crêpe’s width.
And roll, beginning with one of the sides that was not folded and ending on the opposite unfolded side.
Just like this.
Repeat with the remaining crêpes.
Garnish with melted chocolate, if desired.
This is gooood, my friends.
With lots of love,
- 1⅓ cups (160 grams) cake flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 6 oz (175 grams Nutella)
- chocolate, melted (for garnish, optional)
- To make the crêpes, place the flour, milk, water, sugar, egg and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the crêpe batter onto the pan, using approximately ¼ cup (60 ml) for each crêpe.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crêpe for about 30 seconds, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula or fish slice, flip over and cook the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spread Nutella over a crêpe in a thin layer, fold two opposite sides over the Nutella filling to about ¼ of the crêpe's width and roll, beginning with one of the sides that was not folded and ending on the opposite unfolded side. Repeat with the remaining crêpes.
- Garnish with melted chocolate, if desired.
(This recipe was inspired by letthebakingbeginblog.com.)
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link