Right now, in the middle of winter, you might have possibly found yourself in a situation where you crave a good hearty homemade soup packed full of vitamins to nourish your body and your soul. If so, then I am more than happy to recommend this wonderful Creamy Tomato Soup to you. It will comfort you with its silky, sophisticated and amazing taste and will be be ready in almost no time.
With lots of love,
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 - 14 oz. cans (800 grams) crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 14 oz. can (400 grams) whole tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp white ground pepper
- ¼ tsp black ground pepper
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) heavy cream
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Place a medium to large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and shallots and sauté for 3 minutes or until shallots are translucent.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes. Add in the whole tomatoes one at a time, breaking them up as you put them into the pan. Make sure to also stir in the juice for from the tomatoes.
- Stir in chicken stock, salt, sugar and pepper until combined then allow it to cook over medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in heavy cream and chopped basil. Simmer for a couple of minutes, then serve.
- Optional toppings: Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, grilled cheese, toasted bread and chopped basil.
This amazing recipe was inspired by ADashOfSanity.com.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.