I was craving chocolate donuts for a pretty long time. Yesterday I decided to end my painful suffering and and I made these lovely babies.
Let me explain to you really quickly what they are like – these are fingerlicking good… moist… chocolatey… rich… aaaaa-mazing!
Highly recommended! 🙂
One is definitely not enough. So worth all the effort.
- for donut batter:
- 2½ cups (350 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup (55 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (150 grams) plain white yogurt
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- for glaze:
- 6 tbsp (85 grams) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz (85 grams) dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1¼ cups (145 grams) icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease the donut pan with cooking spray or brush with oil.
- To make the DONUT BATTER, first, in a small bowl, combine the plain white yogurt, milk and the vegetable oil. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the sugar and continue to beat until foamy. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the milk/yogurt/oil mixture and the cocoa mixture to the egg mixture alternately. Mix until the batter is smooth. If you find the batter a bit too dense to pipe, add a little more milk.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag.
- Fill each donut cavity until about 80% full.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- To prepare the GLAZE, combine the butter, milk and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the icing sugar, stirring until combined.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts into the glaze and cover with chocolate sprinkles.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.