I am very happy that I found this recipe, I have to tell you.
This baked egg boats (or small baguettes filled with bacon, egg and green onion goodness) are fun and super-easy to prepare and whether served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, they will bring a happy smile on your face. Highly recommended!
Here’s how to prepare your baked egg boats…
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Just like this.
(A little note: At first, I used 5 medium sized eggs and found out it was not enough. So, if you are using medium eggs, use 7.)
4. Divide and spoon the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center.
6. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Cut and serve while still warm.
(This amazing recipe was adapted from spoonforkbacon.com. Makes 4 baguettes.)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.