If you are a fan of yummy and simple summer recipes then I have something just for you.
It’s Summer Mini Fruit Tarts – a lovely combination of fresh fruit, whipped cream and cute homemade tart shells.
A summer dessert you need to make really soon… 🙂
Here’s what we need.
1. First, preheat the oven to 355 F (180 C).
2. Using your electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add the egg and mix to combine.
4. Then add about 2/3 of the flour and continue mixing.
5. Finally, add the rest of the flour and working with your hands, form a nice smooth dough ball.
6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into about 1/10-inch (2 mm) thickness.
7. Using a cutter or a glass with a diameter of 3 inches (7.5 cm) or slightly more, cut out circles.
Just like this.
8. Grease and lightly flour the back side of a mini muffin pan.
Yes, we are working with a flipped mini muffin pan here. Fun, huh?
9. Cover every other mini muffin cup with a cut out circle and then crimp the edges.
10. Bake at 355 F (180 C) for about 15-20 minutes or until beautifully golden.
11. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
12. Then fill your shells with sweetened whipped cream and lots and lots of fresh fruit.
I used a little vanilla custard too, and it was delightful, indeed.
These lovely tarts taste best when refrigerated.
Enjoy, dear friends!
(This recipe makes about 20 mini tarts.)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.