If you are one of those people who love sesame brittle too much then you really should reconsider reading this article.
Because, the thing is, this amazing sesame treat can actually be made at home.
With a great result!
And it’s super simple and super quick!
So, are you sure you want to know more? Are you sure you want to face heaps of flavorful brittle in your own kitchen? Well, you’ve made your choice, here are all the delicious details…
Here’s what we need.
The process could not be simpler, really…
1. First, put the sugar, honey, salt and water into a small or medium pot or saucepan.
2. Heat on medium heat and stir until a smooth slurry is formed.
3. Then stir in the raw sesame seeds.
4. Cook the sesame seed mixture, stirring often, until the mixture turns that beautiful amber caramel color, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Warning! Warning! Try to avoid any spoon licking, this mixture is super-hot.
Also, at first the mixture will appear a little too dense, but the hotter it will get, the more ‘liquidy’ it will become. So do not add more water (do not be like me in my first batch), that is really not necessary.
5. Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and the butter. Once the butter has completely melted into the mixture, stir in the baking soda. The baking soda will help create tiny pockets of air, making the brittle a little lighter. And who wouldn’t want that, right?
6. Pour the mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with lightly sprayed (oiled/greased) piece of tin foil. Or just use Silpat to line the baking sheet.
7. Once your brittle has cooled and hardened completely (about 15-20 minutes), break it into pieces.
Heavenly, wonderful, amazing pieces.
Enjoy this delicious treat, dear friends!
(This gorgeous recipe was adapted from simplyrecipes.com. Thanks Elise!)