2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie For One

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookie

This is one of those ‘I-need-a-cookie-right-now-or-I-die’ recipes that can be prepared in almost no time.

We all know that kind of situation, don’t we? I definitely do, I confess.

And you know what? This impressive cookie not only takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, it tastes really delicious. Just like a good chocolate chip cookie.

The preparation is beyond easy… just have a look…

2-minute-chocolate-chip-cookie-for-one-ingredients

First you need this stuff.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookie

1. Place the butter and sugars in a 2-cup bowl or ramekin. Use a fork to combine all these ingredients.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

2. Beat an egg and add two tablespoons of the egg mixture into the bowl. Add the vanilla too. Stir to combine.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Give it another good stir.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

4. Finally, stir in the yummy chocolate chips.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

Save a few for the top, if you wish to.

5. For the magic to happen, pop the mixture in your microwave oven and let it bake for about 2 minutes.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

Ta-dah!

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

6. Top with a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some melted chocolate.

Enjoy, dear friends! This is good, good, good, good, good. Good it is.

(This yummy recipe was adapted from picky-palate.com. Makes a cookie for one.)

252 Responses to 2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie For One

Carole says:

Great recipe love the results!!!

Dadblunders says:

WOW! This looks really good! Simple and easy to make too! I have to try this and find out if it tastes as good as it looks!

Aaron

[...] 2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie For One (zoomyummy.com) [...]

Tapdancer34 says:

These look so amazing and the next time i am craving i treat i will definitely be making these!

Dentist Austin Chicago says:

great recipes and pictures!

[...] here’s a link to the original page, with [...]

Jeanette says:

Love this idea! Can’t wait to try! Thanks for sharing.:)

T says:

so double it to use a whole egg?

Marianne says:

I should not have clicked this link! I think I need to glue my butt to the chair so I don’t go make it!

Chocolate Chip Cookies | Cooking Pics says:

[...] Chocolate Chip Cookies /* [...]

Alyssa says:

I followed the recipe and it came out spongey like a pancake…

Christy says:

It is kind of perfect if you just want to eat a little cookie dough! I added oatmeal instead of chocolate chips. I don’t plan to cook it, but if I do, I will use the oven.

Aisa unique says:

looks yummy and easy to make! worth a try and share with friends… thanks..

[...] Does the name sound ultra depressing? Yes. Is it also simple and insanely delicious? Yes and yes. (Recipe) [...]

Marry says:

I love this recipe!!! I made this for my kids the other day and their reaction was priceless. This reminded me of something called a Brigadeiro. They have this S’mores on that drew back memories!!! Check their website out and give it a try. http://www.brigadeiropalace.com. If anyone here has tried it share the experience!!

Time Platypus says:

Or… you could do the same thing and not microwave it, and get less than 2 minute cookie dough for one!

Mark says:

I’ll pass on anything done with a Microwave. It ruins food at the molecular level. They should banned.

George says:

Actually microwaves preserve the foods molecular structure, since most things that cook in the microwave do so through steam, since the microwaves excite the water molecules. I’m not sure what psuedo-science website you get your information from, but Microwaves do in fact preserve the most nutrients during the cooking process versus any other method, and since it does the job so quickly there isn’t a chance for many of the molecular changes that come in normal cooking, such as the Maillard process or caramelization, until you keep it in for too long.

• 66.1.1
        Adam says:

Actually, while microwaving has been overly vilified (I met someone who thought that microwaving water to heat it up was unhealthy somehow), microwaving food actually does reduce nutrient content. I forget how it compares to roasting, sauteing, and frying, but steaming actually preserves the majority of nutrients, while microwaving cuts it to like 50%. Vitamin C, especially, is destroyed with a few minutes of heat, so say goodbye to it when you bake that potato.

That being said, I don’t look to chocolate chip cookies for my nutrients. They look delicious, but how is the texture?

Aaron says:

I completely second this …

Aaron says:

The negative affects, I mean there’s a reason the Soviet banned then once. By using a microwave, you might as well nuclear waste on your food. The only thing useful about a microwave is it sterilizes kitchen cloths rather well…

W-Jarus says:

I like the eye reflection on the spoon :)
    Clever.

Sara says:

Wow, I just tried it, and I loved it! It was surprisingly satisfying, really. Just be careful not to burn it in the microwave! :)
    Enjoy it, peeps.
    x

Mathea says:

Wow, these look awesome. I my have to try these tomorrow night? What are the nutritionals on this or should I ask?

Pagnia says:

I had a craving for something sweet at 1:30 AM and thought I’d give this recipe a try. VERY GOOD! I had no eggs, so I substituted it with 2 tbsp of this cornstarch mix (1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water). Turned out yummylicious!!!

Anders says:

Does this work in a normal oven as well? :-) looks delicious!

Jenny says:

Now I’m in trouble.

[...] were so amazing! I should make some again soon so I can share the recipes with you all. When I saw THIS RECIPE on Stumbleupon, I immediately bookmarked it to make it in my own [...]

Julia says:

I made one myself. But it turned into a kind of choclate chip cake rather than a cookie.. Howw??

Yummy thanks for this Awesome Recipe :)

bency says:

Wow….. so sweet and sweetest and also i love swiss-chocolate

Sandra Gray says:

Love your website! Yummy!! Great photos too!

Love this, found you via stumble upon, bookmarked you for when I have more time!

Rebecca says:

My Mom and I tried this (my mom is a professional chief)… we ended up not finishing them. The texture just was weird… but love the concept!

Sara says:

Not bad, but I think next time I’ll try baking powder instead of the soda. It might give it the cookie texture, rather than the cakelike I ended up with. Great for a 3am snack though!

Katja says:

I looove this recipe! It tastes really good, and is super easy.
    You can easy share this cookie; I couldn’t even eat half of it.. Tastes really good with milk :)

Jill says:

Yummmmyyyy! Can’t wait to try this! :)

SHEA says:

as a former cookie and bread addict, with a gluten allergy, i have to say: this is simply genius! i love it… had this been around when i was a kid i would have been making microwave cookies for one all the time! :)

TicklemyToes says:

huwaaw! :) efficient.. I want to try this as business :) Great site!

Shelly says:

Can I use baking powder instead? The taste of baking soda (Bicarb) is very overpowering and one that my taste buds really can’t handle. I have a bad reaction to it :) My dad loved it though x

Patrick says:

Shelly, I substituted baking powder with baking soda to great success with this recipe. You need to keep in mind that you have to double or triple the amount of baking powder to compensate but it’s a perfectly reasonable substitute and should work fine. Good luck, and have fun cooking!

Sarah says:

Those chocolate chips you used in the pictures looked homemade. Are they? Recipe please if they are!! :)

julia says:

this is so cool. it worked well, tasted delicious, and was just what i was cravingg! thank you!

Fashion-isha says:

This is simply amazing! So glad I was directed here..this is a must have recipe for those binge moments!
    xo
    Sharon

Adria says:

I thought it was a little too much for just me, I wouldve liked to share it with someone, I definately didnt finish. BUT delishhh!

globalscriptor says:

I really like the photos, its looking very clear..also very informative, detail process by picture.
    good one..:)

Dentist Palisades says:

Great post. It is nice to have high res pictures.

Susann says:

Wow … i love your amazing recipe. My Husband too :-)

Kate says:

My mom and I tried this and didn’t love it. It had a texture somewhere between a cake and a scone except along the bottom – it was more cookie-like there. We did put it in for an extra fifteen seconds because it didn’t seem done the first time. If you don’t think of it as a cookie it may be better.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTexasFoodNetwork Here is a site/page that you can post recipes, or cooking information. If you have time to post some on my Facebook page it could help you get your recipes out to more people if you are interested? I have created this to help people of all skill levels in cooking. I hope you have the time to post a few of your recipes here.

Shelley Pogue

ememjebe says:

wow, that’s looks delicious.

Racelli says:

This cookie looks yummy and easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing. I will try this recipe.

Jana says:

I just made this, and I actually LOVE the cakey texture rather than a dense cookie texture. This recipe is my favorite because all the other ” mug cookies ” I’ve tried have had a dense, eggy texture that wasn’t very pleasant. But I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE this one. And it’s actually very good without chocolate chips.

Oh, and p.s. – I don’t cook it all the way because I feel it continues to cook after you take it out. But that’s just me! (:

Wasabi says:

AWESOME!!!!!
    This is so delicious!

tembulz says:

Very nice recipe. I wanna give it a try.

Alice says:

I did this today, but it did not turn out like the way it does in the picture. Mine came out all dry and hard. When I was mixing the ingredients, the dough does not look all smooth and creamy either. It was doughy and crumbly. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?