2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie For One

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookie

This is one of those ‘I-need-a-cookie-right-now-or-I-die’ recipes that can be prepared in almost no time.

We all know that kind of situation, don’t we? I definitely do, I confess.

And you know what? This impressive cookie not only takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, it tastes really delicious. Just like a good chocolate chip cookie.

The preparation is beyond easy… just have a look…

2-minute-chocolate-chip-cookie-for-one-ingredients

First you need this stuff.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookie

1. Place the butter and sugars in a 2-cup bowl or ramekin. Use a fork to combine all these ingredients.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

2. Beat an egg and add two tablespoons of the egg mixture into the bowl. Add the vanilla too. Stir to combine.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Give it another good stir.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

4. Finally, stir in the yummy chocolate chips.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

Save a few for the top, if you wish to.

5. For the magic to happen, pop the mixture in your microwave oven and let it bake for about 2 minutes.

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

Ta-dah!

2-minute-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookies

6. Top with a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some melted chocolate.

Enjoy, dear friends! This is good, good, good, good, good. Good it is.

(This yummy recipe was adapted from picky-palate.com. Makes a cookie for one.)

264 Responses to 2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie For One

Susan says:

your recipes make me so hungry, thank you!

Katie says:

This looks so simple!

Daniela Bartolo says:

Can I use white sugar instead?

SHiela says:

is it on a high, low, or medium?

Tim says:

Holy beautiful, I’m in love. I gotta try this. I bet my kids would love it.

Amy says:

it’s soo good! <3

Caroline says:

Thank you for the recipe! I gave it a try and had some problems, though. I reduced the sugar to 1 tbsp each (which usually has no effect on my cookies). I think perhaps there was too much baking soda? Next time I’m going to try 1/8 tsp. The cookie turned out HUGE, taking over the whole bowl, and the resulting texture was dry. I improvised and poured some condensed milk over the whole thing, and -voilà!- the Una Leche 2 Minute Microwave Cookie-Cake (working title) was born. Thanks again, and I will write back next time I have a midnight snack-attack!

Darwin says:

This loooks sooo yummy. Must copy. Thanks for sharing.

Claire says:

this is better than another recipe i saw before. it called for equal parts sugar and flour!

Bunnie says:

This was fun! However, I also ended up with a cake-ie, so I would definitely recommend reducing the baking soda. Also, about 1:30-2:00 on high heat did the trick in my microwave.

This is a good microwave cake though, the batter didn’t instantly dry out and become all gross in the microwave.

stephanie harsh says:

I love this idea. I mean, if I’m gonna drag out all the ingredients, I kinda think I should just make a whole batch, but then again… a whole batch of cookies is the last thing I need. (Could totally go for some cookies right now.)

Pam says:

I hate to burst your bubble but this yummy cookie for one is over 800 calories without the ice cream and syrup. It sounds delicious but quite a hefty price.

Kristen says:

That cookie was really fast and I ate it super fast sharing it with someone. It was pretty big and more like a cookie for 4! It was foamy-ish on top, but still better then I expected. Hahaha :) i will definitely make this again.

Ruth says:

Can I do it in the oven too? I don’t have a microwave.

Calysta says:

This is such a cute idea and website! Thanks!

Jana says:

I like to replace the chocolate chips with toffee bits, or go half-n-half. So good!

Sandra says:

Just tried tried this but without the ice cream. :[ It has a real chocolate chip cookie taste and makes a cookie large enough to share! Next time I’ll use less salt and make sure I have ice cream in the freezer! A good snack and I think kids would have fun with this!

Marina says:

Hi Petra! Do you think its possible to freeze this batter?

selena says:

i seem to find myself in that situation often/ i need a cookie now! yet i never buy a pack because thats to dangerous! hahaha great recipe and i’d like to feature you on dontruffmymellow.blogspot.com if you dont mind

Richard says:

So, throwing this into a nutrition analyzer, I get: 758 calories, including 24.7g of saturated fat (124% RDA). Thoughts on making this a bit more healthy? The butter and the chocolate chips are obviously the biggest offenders. Have you tried any classic more-healthy baking substitutes? Peanut butter, oil, or margarine (with soymilk) for butter, fruit bits for the chocolate chips? These things work in the oven, but I’m not sure about the microwave.

Lhyrre says:

Hey! So, I tried this recipe gluten-free and with margarine… and it worked fine. =D I way decreased the baking soda though.

Kelly says:

Hi Petra, if the dough cooks in the microwave oven will it be the same texture as in the oven or is the point to have it not fully cooked?

Katie says:

What a delightful recipe to indulge in. I love chocolate and am a huge fan of vanilla ice cream. Yes’ you’re right. There are times when you need a fresh, gorgeous smelling dessert to satiate your taste buds and what better than a cookie that takes less than 5 minutes to cook. I’d follow it up with an irresistible cup of hot creamy coffee and will go straight to heaven :)

Kham says:

So simple yet sooooo good!

Vidya says:

Very yummy….

Lhyrre says:

Hey! I tried this with GREAT success! I’d like to say, though, I reduced the baking soda by about half and used gluten-free all-purpose flour! So… just wanted to say that this recipe totally worked gluten-free! Also, it worked fine dairy-free with margarine. Probably just as fattening, though. XD

Übersetzung says:

Oh that’s good and really easy to prepare!

Flowingvents says:

Very Tasty Recipe!

Good Food Good Friends says:

Oh WOW! This could be dangerous!!!

mimi says:

I made this but I had not chocolate and I put bits of dry fruits. Was good !

Liam says:

I too would recommend using much less baking powder, if you want a moist cookie that is. However, even with the 1/4 of a teaspoon, this was delicious, just more of a fluffy cake than a sticky cookie (which I was expected). This is definitely a recipe I will recommend! Thank you ZoomYummy :)

Ashima says:

Lovely recipe!!! easy n looks delicious! thanks

Kailee says:

This was delicious, i made it with my little brother and sister today. It was absolutely amazing. especially with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream to top it off. thanks for the great EASY recipe!!!

Diana Beatty says:

This looks like a great recipe will have to try it

Dave Hickory says:

Fantasic I live in a house full of woman, they are going to love this :)

Steve Waugh says:

I love cooking and I love to collect recipes and try on my own and my friends would be happy to taste it….

megan says:

Where did you find the ramekin? I am having trouble finding one that big. Most I can find are 1 cup

Chace says:

I didn’t have any chocolate chips, so I used two spoonfuls of Nutella and swirled it in. DELICIOUS!

pam says:

it sounds soooo good and gooey and im really really hungry now, but if i made this i would have a heart attack and gain 10 lbs. on the spot. but thanks for the dream lol

Ohmygod you. Are. A. GENIUS! This looks so tasty and SO EASY! Hopefully this isn’t something that I can mess up, as is often the case with baking.

Grace says:

Super delicious! found this on tumblr. :) I halved the amount of ingredients and cooked it for 1 min 15 seconds and it turned out deliciously! perfect with vanilla ice cream x)

I love this idea! I’m sure I’ll be using it… just as soon as the kids go to school!

elena says:

right when i saw it, i couldn’t help but try it straightaway…it was delicious!!! many thanks!!! :)

Hautelinks: Week of 8/16/12 says:

[…] Oh my god, this looks incredible: 2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie for One. […]

mariana c. herrera says:

DELICIOUS !! totally works!! :) yum yum

Linda says:

ooooh thank you…I have the recipe for “cup” cakes (cake n a cup) burned in my brain but you right I find myself wanting a cookie to go with my cup of tea…going to see if I can make some different kinds..like peanutbutter or snickerdoodles…I have a new hobbies..thank..you are evil ..tahee

[…] Fix: a 2 minute chocolate chip cookie for 1 recipe looks delicious…I’m such a sucker for easy […]

Kaylavee says:

This is seriously amazing!! I found this on stumble upon and immediately ran to my kitchen to make it… and here I am! Five minutes later… spoon in hand and eating a delicious cookie! Thanks!

Jenny says:

Omg this looks amazing! 100% doing this tonight :)

Microwave Single Serving Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie « cavewomeninaboat says:

[…] recipe was modified from this recipe of Zoom Yummy. It tastes just like a regular chocolate chip cookie but the texture is a little fluffy and […]

Add Comment Register