How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers

how to make simple crochet slippers free pattern free tutorial free picture tutorial free picture pattern

IMPORTANT NOTE: This pattern uses US crochet terminology. You can find the SLIPPER SIZE, YARN and HOOK specifications at the end of this article !!!

(To see more of my patterns, please visit my ONLINE SHOP!)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am an addict.

An addict for crochet slippers.

It all began when I saw slippers similar to these somewhere on the internet.

I loved them so much I couldn’t get their tempting image out of my head.

All I needed was a pattern.

But because I am terribly, terribly impatient, I found creating my own pattern quicker than looking for an official one on the web.

And since I’m no crochet guru, the pattern turned out to be really simple.

Actually, these slippers might be the simplest slippers in the universe.

Or not.

But they might.

This is what I did…

Round 1: 5 ch (chain stitch);  join into ring with sl st (slip stitch)

Round 2: 3 ch;  7 dc (double crochet stitch) into the center of the ring;  join with sl st

Round 3: 3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch;  2 dc into each next stitch; join with sl st

Round 4: 3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch;  2 dc into each next stitch

Round 5 – 13: (continue crocheting in spiral);  1 dc into each dc

Row 14: turn (!);  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  make 20 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 15 – 21: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 20 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 22: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch from hook;  continue 21 dc (1 dc into each next dc);  another 1 dc into last stitch

Row 23 – 25: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 22 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 26: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch from hook;  continue 23 dc (1 dc into each next dc); another 1 dc into last stitch

Row 27 – 28: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 24 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Finish off and weave in the ends.

Fold the end in half and sew it together.

Make sure it’s turned like shown in the picture  – with the seam finally facing inward.

Done.

Now for the edging:

Tie a yarn of the same or different color to the edge of the slipper.

That will make our first ‘stitch’.

Make 2 chain stitches.

Then make 1 single crochet into the next bigger (as I call it) ‘hole’.

Then make 1 chain stitch.

Continue this pattern (1 single crochet stitch; 1 chain stitch) along the edge of your slipper.

Finally, make 1 slip stitch to join with the first stitch.

Finish off end weave in the ends.

And this is it.

You can adorn these slippers with colorful buttons, flowers or even crochet swirls.

I really hope you’ll find as much passion in making them as I have.
And for your inspiration, here are a few more crochet slippers that I’ve made:

Enjoy, dear friends.

Love,

Petra

(Oh, one important thing! These slippers were made to fit my feet, which are size 40 – Europe / 6.5 – UK / 9 – US. To adjust the size of these slippers to your feet you may need to change the number of rounds between the round 5 and 13 and the number or rows between the row 15 – 21 of this post. AND… I used worsted weight yarn and G – 4 mm hook to make the slippers.)

(To see more of my patterns, please visit my ONLINE SHOP!)

501 Responses to How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers

amanda says:

Hi Petra,
    I just stumbled across this pattern. Although I am a knitter I think I’ll give these a whirl and try my crocheting chops.
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely pattern.
    Best! Amanda

[...] Harry Potter colours!  Was just a quick fix, pattern here.  They did turn out very large, however, there was no hook size given and I only had a 5mm with [...]

Fran says:

I,m trying to learn to crochet slippers for small children.
    I need to know how to get a pattern for different sizes of children’s slippers.
    Can anybody help me ?

Fran

rizz says:

this pattern would actually be perfect for that. it’s really easy to reduce the number of stitches/rows to suit whatever size you need. like if you only did 5 or 6 rounds in the beginning and not so big and only did 5 or 6 rows.

rizz says:

ive been staring at slipper patterns for 12 hours now officially and trying them out and yours is the first to make sense all the way through to the end. thank you .

Tania says:

Petra hi!

I stumbled upon your pattern and couldn’t resist trying it out!
    Ofcourse i wear size 5.5 so i had to make some adsjustments but here’s what i got!

Oh i also crocheted your swirlie pattern! It’s fantastic!
    thanks!

Love
    Tania

Ashley says:

I’m a beginner but I want to try these slippers, will you please include how to add the straps:)thank you

amanda says:

i just crochered these and they are awsome

Pilar Perez says:

I love your slippers thank you for sharing them, I am from Mexico city

jana says:

thanks tons for the great tutorial. I’m so new at following instructions to crochet. Your instructions are perfect!

Gail says:

LOVE this slipper pattern! I made a pair in a snuggly rainbow sherbet variegated yarn. They’re my favorite slippers ever, I added a chain stitched a stretchy “shoe lace” threaded around the top and tied in a bow to keep them on my skinny ankles. One slight problem, my hubby tried them on (where was my camera …that would’ve been a great blackmail picture!) Now I have to make him a pair,and somehow “studly them up a little”. thanks for the nice pattern & awesome instructions. They WERE the easiest thing I’ve ever crocheted.

Ashley says:

I’ve tried to make these cuties but I can’t seem to get past the 2nd round, I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Is it my hook or my yarn??????? HELP ME PLEASE, I want to make my mom a pair:o)

Torie Horton says:

Me, too! I get to about row 14 and then I either have too many or not enough stitches. It would be great to have the number of chains notes that I’m supposed to have at the end of each row so that I can stay on track.

Jasmine says:

Hi, Im Jasmine from Penang, Malaysia. I would like to know whether ur shop in Malaysia or overseas cause im interested in Pink Mary Janes. Did u sell this? How much is this?

Monika says:

Hallo Petra,
    bin nach der suche für Gehäkelte Pantoffel, auf deine Seite gelandet.
    Ich bin begeistert von Ihnen.
    Musste mir die Anleitung in Deutsch übersetzen.
    Das ist auch mal ein außer gewöhnliche Geschenk.

DANKE: das du es im Internet veröffentlichst hast.

Liebe Grüße
    aus Deutschland

Monika

amos tolu says:

i want to learn more on making shoes and even slippers

[...] An addict for crochet slippers. It all began when I saw slippers similar to these somewhere on the internet. I am an addict. I loved them so much I couldn’t get their tempting image out of my head. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you use this pattern and present your product publicly, please link back to my original pattern. All I needed was a pattern. How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers « Crafts « Zoom Yummy [...]

[...] is another highlight on a relatively easy crochet project, Crochet Slippers by Zoom Yummy, that I made in Red Heart’s Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe in Beach Glass and Caron Simply Soft in [...]

Ilona says:

Thank you for the pattern! Here are the slippers I made using it: http://pinterest.com/pin/221450506647239639/

jules says:

i gree with one of the comments i saw. I was looking all day for slipper patterns and yours was the best all the way through complition, becuase i always got stuck half way through with other patterns. I also like the closing of the slippers. I hve now made two pairs of slippers.. and i even created my own pattern from the skeleton of yours..thanks Bunches!!!!

Alex says:

Dear Petra,

How would you adapt the number of stitches if using a size 3 crochet cotton yarn (takes a 3 mm crochet hook)? Would you, for example, start off with a 12 DC ring instead of 8 and make 33 DC on row 14 instead of 22?

Thanks!

Dolores says:

My slippers came out huge, what brand of worsted yarn did you use? I used Red Hart acrylic worsted.

[...] simple and so pretty. The pattern and tutorial for these slippers is from Zoom Mummy. Petra has lots of great patterns for sale on her Etsy [...]

Sarah says:

What Yarn wieght and hook size did you use???
    I want to make these for my Grandma for mother’s day 2012.
    Thanks :-}

[...] How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers « Crafts This stitch is typically used for leaf patterns. [...]

Stace says:

I also would like to know what size hook and what weight yarn you used. These are sooooooooooo cute and I can’t wait to try them, and my foot is the same size as yours. Thanks!! :)

zoomyummy says:

hi! I used worsted weight yarn and G (4mm) hook to make the slippers… enjoy!!! :) Petra

I used your pattern and altered it a bit to form to my husbands feet…thanks!: http://nutterbuttersmith.blogspot.com/2012/05/after-short-hiatus.html

Alex says:

Hi,it might be stupid of me to ask but do I have to chain 3 in rounds 5-13?I’m a total beginner and this is my second project.I love these slippers and I would love to finish at least one:Ppleas ehelp.Oh and by the way to me you are a crochet guru:)

ZoomYummy says:

Hi Alex!

Thanks for the kind words!!! :)

You don’t do the ‘ch 3′ post in rounds 5-13 – all you do is continue working in following stitch (without ‘closing’ the previous round). Your work will grow in spiral and there will be no joining seam.

I hope it was understandable…

Happy crocheting!!!

Petra :)

Alex says:

Hi Petra!
    Thanks so much!! I’ll do that.I have to start from the start with those slippers and I’m determined!!!I am I am:):)I love your website I’ll be coming back for more great patterns!

Thanks!
    All the best!
    Alex

nikita datta says:

thak you so much for sharing you pattern, i was searching for the patter and i love your patter simple and nice. thanks a lot.

krystal says:

Hi, I have a question about working in spiral. It seems to create a noticeable hole when I go from working around beginning with ch 3 to working in spiral. Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to be like this?

Thanks!

Dziergane says:

I have the same. It has to be like that. Because I do 2 colours slippers, I leave this part with hole on the sole.
      Other way u can do: 3 ch, 1 dc in the same (no hole), 2 dc together, then as Petra shows but I’m not sure about shape in this case. This is just idea.

Dziergane says:

Hi Petra. I just want to say I love u and this pattern. I’v made my first slippers and now I have to make theym a lot for all of my friends :)
    Thank you so much!

Consuelo Urban says:

Thank you so much for shared your project!It is beautiful

Sangeetha says:

What a fab idea! I have been looking for a pattern for bedroom slippers. I think these would be ideal. Will definitely give it a go. Will also show it on my blog with a link back to you. I think its a great pattern so thank you very much.
    Regards.

NEREIDA DAVILA says:

crocheted slippers are so slippery on wood floor. Any idea what i can put in the bottom?

What a great pattern! Thanks so much for sharing :)

michelle says:

Hi! I first off want to say this is such a wonderful pattern! But Im a little confused on row 22! i start increasing? Im sorry! Is there anyway you can clearify this for me! Im super excited to make these slippers! Thanks, Michelle

Juliana A says:

These are so adorable!!! i’ve never crocheted a day in my life lol so is there a crochet for dummies for making these so i don’t screw up??? anything u would offer would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!!

Dcee says:

can’t wait to try!!

marys salazar says:

amiga los proyectos estan muy bellos y facil de aprender, gracias por permitir verlos, espero que siga asi. GRACIAS MARYS

Lauren says:

AMAZING! i love this pattern! well done indeed! Had trouble trying to find a pattern that was easy with amazing results! Best pattern!
    I made these in green and added some white and green crochet circles for eyes to make frogs slippers!! :) :) :)

Jenny Riley says:

I do not know if that link worked, but I took your pattern and made a pair of Totoro slippers! :D I made them for my roommate – I am actually English and spend a year at college in Illinois near Chicago, and me and my friend’s started our own knitting and crochet culb :) I took to your blog and fell in LOVE with your slippers! I actually made a simple blue and purple pari for my best friend too, and now I am home again in England I am going to make a pair for myself :D I hope you like what I made, please e-mail me if the image doesn’t work, or just drop me an email I would love to start networking with knitters and crocheters and begin to creatr my own pattersn

Thank you so SO much for the fabulous pattern
    Jenny xx

Alex says:

Could you by any chance tell me why I am ending up with a large placemat after doing around 10 rounds.What am I doing wrong?:(
    Amazing website,I’ll be buying your owl cushion pattern as soon as I’ve finished these slippers:)
    Good luck

Mackena says:

I just can’t tell you how much I love you right now :-D
    About 15 years ago, my sister borrowed one of my older crochet books and then ruined it, tossed it and never replaced it. It had these slippers in it – and for some reason – no matter how much I’ve searched I’ve never been able to replace it. OR find the pattern – until today.
    So!! I LOVE you!! hahahaha Thanks so much!
    ~Kena
    P.S. We have a great crochet/knit/yarny club in FB and would LOVE to invite you and anyone else to join us! No pressure – just an invite!

Yuliana says:

This is an awesome pattern/tutorial. The pictures were great, I was able to see whether I was going in the right direction. I just crocheted the slippers in a day and now my husband wants some! :) Thank you for sharing!

angela says:

THANK YOU for this mega easy pattern! I pined it on my Pinterest crochet projects I want to do board. I have lots of followers who will also love this pattern.

Carolina says:

Ptra I have a question, I am a Spanish speaker and a crochet beginner, so I don’t quite understand quehat do you mean when you say: 1 dc into second stitch from hook. What’s teh second stich from hook when you have crocheted 3 ch st? and what’s the first stich from hook in that case? I’m sorry for such a basic question, I hope you cna answer me back. Thanks!

Petra says:

Hi Carolina, yes, I understand you question… in this case, the ‘3 ch’ post counts as first stitch here, so first stitch from hook would actually be the 4th stitch from hook… and second stitch from hook would be the 5th one… Petra

AMH says:

Hi this is the other Ashley (I called the slippers “cuties”). I just completed my very own pair that I converted into size 7.5 US sizing! These are adorable, and other people want me to make them for them. It only took me about 3 hours for each one. I love it!

[...] followed a free online tutorial (although modified a bit for my feet… I didn’t want them to be so high over my toes) [...]

Trudy says:

Are these db crochet US or trebble UK?

Add Comment Register