Mulled wine is my favorite fall and winter drink.
It’s hot and sweet and it possesses a very special power – it makes both your limbs and your soul beautifully warm.
I got this recipe from my beloved Mom. It’s traditional in our family, it’s simple, it’s fragrant and it’s beyond delicious.
If you’ve never tried it before, you definitely need to.
It’ll make you happy!
Here are the ingredients.
These are the ingredients posing again just for you.
The water couldn’t make it to the picture ’cause it’s just too slow.
(Oh, yes, I am drinking the wine when writing this… how could you guess that?)
I love cinnamon.
Cinnamon is the spice of my life.
1. To make your own mulled wine, pour the wine into a medium saucepan.
2. Add the water.
3. Add the lemon juice, sugar and spices.
4. Place the saucepan over low heat.
5. Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
This mixture shouldn’t be boiling – that would make the alcohol evaporate. And, gee, that is the last thing in the world we want, right?
6. Remove from heat and strain into a large jug (or just remove the spices).
7. Serve in glasses while still warm.
And most importantly – enjoy, dear friends!
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link