I have a real treat for lemon lovers out there.
These wonderful lemon cookies will touch your heart.
Containing lemon juice and lemon zest, they are packed with rich and fresh lemon flavor.
It’s the real deal, guys.
And the texture?
Tender and crumbly, dangerously addictive with their melt-in-your-mouth quality and powdered sugar coating.
I wish I could deliver their scent to you right now. Soooo amazing!
To bring these yummy lemon cookies into your life, feel free to follow the directions below.
Enjoy, dear friends.
- 2¾ cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (230 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups (170 grams) confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one large lemon, finely minced
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll 1½-teaspoon portions of dough into balls, and roll each one in the confectioners sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1½ inches (4 cm) apart.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let stand on the cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
This lovely recipe was adapted from www.mybakingaddiction.com.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.