Hi dear Friends!
May I invite you for a drink today? (Or should I say ‘July I invite you …’)?
It is sweet, cooling, refreshing and boozy too!
Then here it is…
To get that lovely drink, all we need to do is cooperate here a little…
So, to start, let’s find the above mentioned ingredients somewhere.
1. Cut the watermelon and cucumber into cubes or chunks.
Try to get rid of as many watermelon seeds as possible.
Or try to get a seedless watermelon… which would solve the whole situation… which leads me to a thought that I might have mentioned this fact earlier… but better late than never, right? Sorry!
2. Place the fruit chunks in a blender.
Save a few for garnish.
3. Blend, blend, blend until all you see is a lovely puree.
4. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher and working in batches, pour the puree through the sieve.
5. Now press on solids with a rubber spatula to get as much liquid as you can…
I am smiling a lot today. I wonder why…
6. In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice and honey.
7. Add to the watermelon and cucumber juices.
8. And then, ta-dah, add vodka. And if you decide not to, it will still taste very nice.
Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired.
9. To serve, fill four glasses with ice and top each with the cocktail. Garnish with cucumber and watermelon skewers.
I think this drink just screams ‘SUMMEeeeeeeR’!
(This recipe was adapted from MarthaStewart.com. Makes 4 servings.)