If you like it (naughty) nutty (not much better) and buttery then this is something just for you.
I like making these cookies for two basic reasons.
The first one being that my guy loves them (and we all want our men to be happy and satisfied because then the whole life gets just so much easier, am I right?).
And the second reason revolves around my childhood memories when my Mom used to make these at home. We were laughing like mad when we were comparing Mom’s perfect shapes to my strange ones.
And let me tell you that they are very easy to make. I would even consider it a great therapy to produce loads of evenly shaped crescents. Trust me, you will leave your kitchen relaxed like never before!
To prepare the almond crescent cookies you need:
2 1/2 cups (320 grams) all-purpose flour (I used wholegrain)
1 cup (230 grams) butter
1 cup (110 grams) confectioner’s sugar
2 cups (200 grams) ground almonds
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp almond extract
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered sugar for covering
And this is the method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
3. Add the flour and the ground almonds. Mix thoroughly.
4. Divide the whole mixture into for even parts. On a lightly floured surface roll each part into a cylinder.
5. Cut the cylinders into smaller pieces and form a cute little crescent from each piece.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Place onto the sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until they become light golden brown.
8. Roll in powdered sugar.
… and Enjoy!