Delicious, delicious, delicious… there’s no better way to describe these lovely tarts.
Oh yes, there is – saying the word ‘delicious’ about a hundred times.
So good they are.
The crust is a little crunchy, beautifully tender and full of a wonderful thyme and buttery taste.
And the filling, oh the red cabbage filling… the taste of the cabbage combined with the thyme, cumin, the slight sweetness of sugar and the pleasant sourness of vinegar – this will all provide for your private and instant stairway to heaven.
Trust me – I’ve already had three.
These are the ingredients:
And this is how to make them:
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt (1 tsp) and thyme (1 tsp).
2. Pour the flour mixture into the the bowl of your electric mixer.
Add the butter and beat until crumbs form (about 8 minutes).
3. Add the water (1/2 cup) and mix again.
4. Remove the mixture from the bowl and form a ball (if the dough is too tacky to work with you can use a little flour for your hands).
Cover the dough in plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator to chill.
5. Heat the oil in a larger pot over medium heat.
6. Cut the onion into two halves….
Cut each half horizontally…
7. Add the onion into the pot…
And cook until soft.
8. Slice the cabbage… (from now on I was trying my best not to show you my fingernails)…
9. Add the cabbage into the pot along with 3/4 cup water and reduce heat.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.