My first idea when I finished and tasted these noodles was ‘How can something so simple and easy to prepare taste so gorgeous?’.
It’s utterly divine!
If you asked why, my guess would be that the all the gorgeousness stands on the balance of the ingredients. And the use of sesame oil. If you’ve never cooked with this kind of oil, sesame noodles might be just the right thing to start…
With lots of love,
- 1 lb (500 grams) spaghetti noodles
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp chili garlic sauce (or Siracha)
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- In a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and canola oil. Whisk it all together.
- When your pasta has finished cooking drain it and return it in the pot you cooked it in.
- Pour in the sesame sauce to the hot pasta.
- Toss well.
- Add the sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Plate and serve immediately.
(This amazing recipe was adapted from thekitchenwife.net.)