Crocheting With Twine

crocheted-twine-flowers

I bought a magazine the other day.

But wait, even though this fact alone could get us carried away, there’s a little more to this story.

The  magazine uses a language that I do not speak. It’s German.

Each time I do something strange like this – like buying a magazine that I cannot really read – I call it an investment. This time I could call it an investment into the future possibility of learning a few words of a new language.

Sounds passable, right?

Anyhow, the real reason why I bought it were its amazing photographs and gorgeous crafty ideas.

When leafing through its luscious pages, an interesting idea caught my eye – working with twine… I mean… WORKING WITH TWINE!

How awesome is that?

Very awesome, I would say.

(… oh, and in case you wondered, the magazine is called Landhaus Living).

crocheted-twine-flower-garland

Feeling beyond inspired, I bought myself a super-simple ball of jute twine and started doing what I love most – crocheting. I followed my latest pattern and made a few rosettes (it is the flower number ten of my Big Flower Party pattern).

crocheted-twine-flower

It’s one of my very favorite crocheted creations.

It looks delicious in twine, don’t you think?

crocheted-twine-flower-garland

I continued to make a few more rosettes and I joined them to make a garland.

I love flower garlands. A lot!

crocheted-twine-flower-garland

Twine makes the flowers look so natural, pure and simple.

crochet-flowers-from-zoomyummy-pattern

And the story did not end there, no-no.

I continued to make a few more flowers (these come from the Big Flower Party pattern too).

crocheted-twine-box

And then I made a crocheted box with a rosette on top (you can find the pattern for the box here).

crocheted-twine-box

For some reason, the twine looks very romantic to me.

Or is it just me who sees it this way?

crocheting-with-twine-ideas-and-patterns

I am already thinking of other projects that would work great with this material.

And what about you – do you like twine as a crafting material? Do you have any twine projects that you’d like to share? Do tell!

Love,
Petra, The Twine Twister

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Responses to Crocheting With Twine

mau says:

As always,Awesome !!!
    Thank you so much for sharing !

Lesley says:

Love it, already have the box pattern now to get some twine :)
    Thank you for sharing!

devitoo says:

Owww,, I love the photo editing.. Can you teach me?

Froken S says:

Now this gave me a completely new idea! Now I know what to make for my parents housewarming party that’s coming up soon!

Jessica says:

This is amazing and so rustic! I love it! Would have never thought of the idea myself, I’d be forever crocheting with only wool!

Susan Racine says:

That’s remarquable to get the rustic crocheting with type of thread, I’d love to see more ideas, thanks

Laura says:

Hi, I love your projects and the way you wrote about them. Inspiration….the spice of life! I am making slippers and wanted to put outdoor wearable soles on them, so I bought some Jute twine for this purpose. I like the look of it. I have wondered, though, if Jute twine once crocheted is washable? Do you know? I’ve tried to find the answer on the Internet but can’t get a clear one. Any ideas or experiences washing it?

Thanks!
    Laura

Bronwyn Williams says:

Just found your post but great to see these lovely ideas!
    I have been working on Japanese (charts) patterns for string bags and hats, not too hard, but gorgrous patterns. Mags available on etsy at Pomadour.
    Great fun!!

Donna says:

All these items are great! What kind/size jute twine was used?

[…] back I came across a blog post about crocheting with twine and I remember thinking what a cool idea so I pinned it to one of my Pinterest boards (to add […]