Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions

Looks yummy, right?

And let me tell you, this cinnamon bread really is yummy! Immensely!

I am actually so impressed by it that I would call it a gift from heaven.

Okay, maybe not exactly from heaven since the original recipe was born in Joy the Baker’s kitchen. But that place actually, when I think about it, is a kind of little heaven… on earth. Many would agree, I’m sure.

Dear friends, please prepare this delicious, finger-licking, soft, yeasty, cinnamony bread over the weekend for your family. Or just for you.  It’ll make you happy! So happy!

If you wonder how, I’ll show you…

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, ingredients

Here’s the list of ingredients.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups (280 grams) flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.  Set aside.

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups (280 grams) flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.  Set aside.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and set aside

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and set aside.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, melt the butter with milk. I did this in the microwave oven (using a heatproof bowl), You can also melt the butter in milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the water and vanilla extract to the milk-butter mixture and stir a little

3. And melt the butter with milk. I did this in the microwave oven (using a heatproof bowl).

You can also melt the butter in milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.

4. Add the water and vanilla extract to the milk-butter mixture and stir a little.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.  Add the eggs and stir the mixture until the eggs are incorporated into the batter. Add the remaining 3/4 cup (105 grams) of flour and stir with the spatula for about 2 minutes. Then knead and form a nice ball.I kneaded the dough by hand for about 10 minutes. You can, of course, use an electric mixer and have the job done in about half the time. Grease a clean bowl a little and place the dough ball inside. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm space and allow to rest until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

5. Now pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.  Add the eggs and stir the mixture until the eggs are incorporated into the batter. Add the remaining 3/4 cup (105 grams) of flour and stir with the spatula for about 2 minutes. Then knead and form a nice ball.

I kneaded the dough by hand for about 10 minutes.

6. Grease a clean bowl a little and place the dough ball inside. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm space and allow to rest until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions

O-oh, we have a serious case of yeastafalitis here.

Or, in other words, this is what happened after I let the dough rest for one hour.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, Deflate the risen dough and knead about 1 tablespoon of flour into the dough.Place the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll it out until it's about 12 inches tall (30 cm) and about 20 inches (50 cm) wide.

7. Deflate the risen dough and knead about 1 tablespoon of flour into the dough.

8. Place the dough onto a lightly floured work surface.

9. Roll it out until it’s about 12 inches tall (30 cm) and about 20 inches (50 cm) wide.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, filling for cinnamon sugar pull-apart bread, melt the butter (in the microwave oven or in a saucepan), mix the sugar with cinnamon

10. Let’s prepare the filling now.

Melt the butter (in the microwave oven or in a saucepan).

11. Mix the sugar with cinnamon.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, use a pastry brush to spread melted butter across all of the dough, sprinkle with all of the sugar and cinnamon, slice the dough vertically, into six equal-sized strips

12. Use a pastry brush to spread melted butter across all of the dough.  Sprinkle with all of the sugar and cinnamon mixture.

13. Slice the dough vertically, into six equal-sized strips.

I went horizontally, it’s the rebel in me.

Joy said she drooled at this phase. Well, as the picture indicates, I might have gone a little further. Or maybe it was the Cookie Monster who ate one WHOLE strip of the dough. In fact, I haven’t told you yet, but he sometimes burgles into our place and steals pieces of dough. And EATS THEM RAW!!! Shame on him. Really! Believe me!

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, stack the strips on top of one another and slice the stack into six equal slices once again, you'll have six stacks of six squares

14. Stack the strips on top of one another and slice the stack into six equal slices once again.  You’ll have six stacks of six squares.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch (22x12x8) loaf pan. Layer the dough squares in the loaf pan like a flip-book.  Place a kitchen towel over the loaf pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes.

15. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch (22x12x8) loaf pan.

The parchment is not necessary. The caramelized sugar would melt and that would tear the paper in the end.

16. Layer the dough squares in the loaf pan like a flip-book.  Place a kitchen towel over the loaf pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, bake in the preheated oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 30 minutes or until the tops are very golden brown. The top may be lightly browned, but the center may still be raw.  A nice, dark, golden brown will ensure that the center is cooked as well. Also, if you use a heavy, black loaf pan like I did, reduce the oven temperature slightly. Things seem to bake faster in it.

17. Then bake in the preheated oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 30 minutes or until the tops are very golden brown.

The top may be lightly browned, but the center may still be raw.  A nice, dark, golden brown will ensure that the center is cooked as well.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, remove from the oven and and allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.  Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread and invert onto  a clean board. Place a cake stand or cake plate on top of the upside down loaf, and carefully invert so it’s right side up.

18. Remove from the oven and and allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.  Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread and invert onto  a clean board. Place a cake stand or cake plate on top of the upside down loaf, and carefully invert so it’s right side up.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions

And of course, enjoy dear friends.

Which I am sure you will.

(This recipe was adapted from here.)

127 Responses to Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread

ayala says:

it looks grate!

Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread | Cravings of a Lunatic says:

[...] The only thing I changed was using vanilla sugar instead of regular sugar. And vanilla salt instead of regular salt. Peggy adapted her recipe from Zoom Yummy’s recipe. [...]

Linda Petays says:

I’m sure going to try making this really soon!1 It looks so yummy!!

Melissa says:

Amazing. If I didn’t give some to my mom, I would have eaten the whole thing myself.

Maryann says:

Thanks for the recipe, Petra! I made this with my daughter and we had a lot of fun! I only used ONE ounce of butter in the bread itself and it was very moist and tasty! :)

Tacistudio says:

This looks absolutely wonderful! I cannot wait to make it. Thanks for sharing.

Upcoming Menu Planning Stumbles says:

[...] found this recipe from Zoom Yummy and think the Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread looks like an absolutely delicious breakfast treat. [...]

Lila says:

Wow!
    This is my new fave and I haven’t even made it yet lol
    Perfect desert for 2night Yummmmo

luciana sokotowski says:

thank you so much !!! I made this as a cake for my husband’s birthday !!! so so good : )

Nate says:

Thanks so much for the recipe. We featured it in our weekly food trend blog post. You can check it out here. Thanks so much!

Food Trend: Pull-Apart Breads | RecipeLionBlog says:

[...] Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread from Zoom Yummy [...]

Weeboo says:

Looks amazing. Amazingly easy to make. And most of all: tastes amazing!!! A real hit when I made this for the office the other day!!!

Thank you so much for the recipe!

Claire says:

looks delicious! i was actually looking for a simple & sweet recipe today and now i’m going to make this. thanks!

Colleen says:

This look delicious! I was wondering if I could use highly active yeast instead of instant dry. It’s all I have.

arwa says:

I did this today with my 10 year old son & it was really “delish!” – his words.
    It required an extra 1/2 cup of flour, as the dough was too sticky. And i placed 2 pieces of parchment paper, crisscross, so as not to have the bread stick to the pan.
    But this recipe was so easy and a crowd pleaser, thank u for sharing it:)

ole says:

here u can find u need! http://www.ccchinachic.com

Jill says:

Wow, this looks delicious, I love cinnamon and this seems quite simple to make. Really pleased I stumbled across it. :)

Evan says:

This recipe was absolutely awesome! I made it just after I saw this page, and here’s the result!

susana david says:

my daughter will love it ,thanks ,I was looking for that

tutorgirl23 says:

This is also known as monkey bread. its really popular in louisianna.

Susan says:

mmmmm, I’m going to bake these next week!

Linnea says:

This looks WONDERFUL! Just in time too, I have 2 dinner parties coming up! Thanks for sharing :)

Back in University | Julien McArdle says:

[...] on the list would be the cinnamon sugar pull-apart bread. The best way to describe it is to say that eating it is like picking away at a [...]

Fifee says:

Does it have to have the vanilla extract ? Will it make a huge noticeable difference ?

JustMeInHolland says:

Found this site today. This recipe looks awesome. The layout of this site is really nice, too.

Bharati Naik says:

I did this yesterday, it was really “delish!”. Thanks for sharing

P says:

How very CoooL! so want to try this at home, Thank you!

lili says:

Made this today and i had so much fun preparing it, i was a little scared cause my dough was verrrry sticky but i just went along and it came out great! i had to stick it in the oven a little more cause it was a bitty raw in the middle, nothing major, everyone loved it.

Sharon says:

I just made this today, and it was great! So delish.
    Quick tip: If you are burdened with an electric stove, I suggest leaving it in the oven for an extra 10 minutes than suggested.

101 Things in 1001 Days – Nov 10, 2011 – Aug 08, 2014 | jan says:

[...] Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread [...]

Tara says:

Followed your recipe to the “T” and my dough was unmanageable. I had to add so much more flour to the dough because it was sticky. Left my dough for an hour to rise, used the exact yeast, and my dough didn’t rise one bit.
    I have it in the oven now and check it every 1/2 an hour. When I pull out of oven and poke to see if it’s done, it is still raw and doughy in the middle.
    So bummed because I got up extra early to make this while my family was sleeping :(
    It’s like a loaf of dense bread, I can literally throw it through a window like a brick.

Help!
    What did I do wrong?

Tara

Claudia says:

Hello Everyone!

Today I tryed your recipe. It went well, despite it also was stiky. Anyways I added more flour, bit by bit until I considered it ok…
    It happens because the flour may be different (more or less gluten), the humidity levels… the temperature… it needs at least 38ºC to rise!
    In the end it was delicious!

(I’m from Portugal, my english may not be the best :D )

[...] The recipe used was the one from Zoom Yummy. [...]

Becky says:

I made this last night after seeing it on your blog. I haven’t tried it yet but it looks sooooo good!

Petra says:

Thank you so much for this recipe, i made it today and after 10 minutes half of it was gone thanks to my family :D It tastes sooo delicious!

Amey says:

D.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s!
    I used a little bit less than 2 oz. of butter for the dough and it was perfect! I substituted in 1/2 cup organic white whole wheat flour and to make a bit more healthy, final bread was flaky and light.

To those complaining about sticky dough: When mixing in the last 3/4 flour into the mixed dough before allowing to rise, I increased the amount to 1 cup because my dough was sticky too at first.

I will definetly be saving this recipe, and can think of so many different occasions to serve it. Great with coffee and tea, Thank you!

Debbie says:

OMG this was easy to make and it was awesome I proofed the yeast in the warm butter and milk with some sugar to feed the yeast so if your having trouble with it rising try that other than that I did follow the recipe as it called for this was not to sweet and a great little snack after dinner and the hubby is taking the rest to work tomorrow he loved it I also added some walnuts which my hubby loves turned out great will make this again thank you for sharing this recipe

nievesdq says:

Thank you so much for your recipe which I have found in Pinterest , it tastes delicious , I’ve just published it on my blog.

Regards!

Andrea says:

How long can you keep this for? I want to make it in advance. Thanks.

Jiřina Pospíšilová says:

Dobrý den! Děkuji Vám za stovky inspirací – jídlo, tvoření atd. Krása! Jste moooc šikovní! Blahopřeji a věřím, že budete dále tak kreativní a úžasní! Jiřina

Evija says:

I’m making it right now for my daughter birthday party. :)

Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread : I Love To Cook says:

[...] more details please visit this link : zoomyummy /* Source : http://zoomyummy.com/2011/07/23/cinnamon-sugar-pull-apart-bread/ [...]

Kogie says:

Hi there! Any chance this bread can be made without the egg?

Juancho says:

OMG it looks SOOO GOOOD, i also love cinnamon bread
    i have a couple of recipes that are awesome
    but this is a fresh new angle, nice

jenyichang says:

I’ll try for my kids.

Jaime says:

*Mouth starts watering*

hazeltos says:

I think this recipe looks heavenly.

Mau says:

I wonder if you could minimize the sugar in the dough and make a Parmesan garlic one? Think it would be tasty as well…….may give it a whirl

[…] ne avevo la minima idea, ma una volta trovato è stato amore a prima vista!Per la precisione queste sono le foto che hanno fatto scattare la scintilla e di conseguenza l’immediata voglia […]