Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions

Looks yummy, right?

And let me tell you, this cinnamon bread really is yummy! Immensely!

I am actually so impressed by it that I would call it a gift from heaven.

Okay, maybe not exactly from heaven since the original recipe was born in Joy the Baker’s kitchen. But that place actually, when I think about it, is a kind of little heaven… on earth. Many would agree, I’m sure.

Dear friends, please prepare this delicious, finger-licking, soft, yeasty, cinnamony bread over the weekend for your family. Or just for you.  It’ll make you happy! So happy!

If you wonder how, I’ll show you…

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, ingredients

Here’s the list of ingredients.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups (280 grams) flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.  Set aside.

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups (280 grams) flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.  Set aside.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and set aside

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and set aside.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, melt the butter with milk. I did this in the microwave oven (using a heatproof bowl), You can also melt the butter in milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the water and vanilla extract to the milk-butter mixture and stir a little

3. And melt the butter with milk. I did this in the microwave oven (using a heatproof bowl).

You can also melt the butter in milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.

4. Add the water and vanilla extract to the milk-butter mixture and stir a little.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.  Add the eggs and stir the mixture until the eggs are incorporated into the batter. Add the remaining 3/4 cup (105 grams) of flour and stir with the spatula for about 2 minutes. Then knead and form a nice ball.I kneaded the dough by hand for about 10 minutes. You can, of course, use an electric mixer and have the job done in about half the time. Grease a clean bowl a little and place the dough ball inside. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm space and allow to rest until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

5. Now pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.  Add the eggs and stir the mixture until the eggs are incorporated into the batter. Add the remaining 3/4 cup (105 grams) of flour and stir with the spatula for about 2 minutes. Then knead and form a nice ball.

I kneaded the dough by hand for about 10 minutes.

6. Grease a clean bowl a little and place the dough ball inside. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm space and allow to rest until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions

O-oh, we have a serious case of yeastafalitis here.

Or, in other words, this is what happened after I let the dough rest for one hour.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, Deflate the risen dough and knead about 1 tablespoon of flour into the dough.Place the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll it out until it's about 12 inches tall (30 cm) and about 20 inches (50 cm) wide.

7. Deflate the risen dough and knead about 1 tablespoon of flour into the dough.

8. Place the dough onto a lightly floured work surface.

9. Roll it out until it’s about 12 inches tall (30 cm) and about 20 inches (50 cm) wide.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, filling for cinnamon sugar pull-apart bread, melt the butter (in the microwave oven or in a saucepan), mix the sugar with cinnamon

10. Let’s prepare the filling now.

Melt the butter (in the microwave oven or in a saucepan).

11. Mix the sugar with cinnamon.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, use a pastry brush to spread melted butter across all of the dough, sprinkle with all of the sugar and cinnamon, slice the dough vertically, into six equal-sized strips

12. Use a pastry brush to spread melted butter across all of the dough.  Sprinkle with all of the sugar and cinnamon mixture.

13. Slice the dough vertically, into six equal-sized strips.

I went horizontally, it’s the rebel in me.

Joy said she drooled at this phase. Well, as the picture indicates, I might have gone a little further. Or maybe it was the Cookie Monster who ate one WHOLE strip of the dough. In fact, I haven’t told you yet, but he sometimes burgles into our place and steals pieces of dough. And EATS THEM RAW!!! Shame on him. Really! Believe me!

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, stack the strips on top of one another and slice the stack into six equal slices once again, you'll have six stacks of six squares

14. Stack the strips on top of one another and slice the stack into six equal slices once again.  You’ll have six stacks of six squares.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch (22x12x8) loaf pan. Layer the dough squares in the loaf pan like a flip-book.  Place a kitchen towel over the loaf pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes.

15. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch (22x12x8) loaf pan.

The parchment is not necessary. The caramelized sugar would melt and that would tear the paper in the end.

16. Layer the dough squares in the loaf pan like a flip-book.  Place a kitchen towel over the loaf pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, bake in the preheated oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 30 minutes or until the tops are very golden brown. The top may be lightly browned, but the center may still be raw.  A nice, dark, golden brown will ensure that the center is cooked as well. Also, if you use a heavy, black loaf pan like I did, reduce the oven temperature slightly. Things seem to bake faster in it.

17. Then bake in the preheated oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 30 minutes or until the tops are very golden brown.

The top may be lightly browned, but the center may still be raw.  A nice, dark, golden brown will ensure that the center is cooked as well.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions, remove from the oven and and allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.  Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread and invert onto  a clean board. Place a cake stand or cake plate on top of the upside down loaf, and carefully invert so it’s right side up.

18. Remove from the oven and and allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.  Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread and invert onto  a clean board. Place a cake stand or cake plate on top of the upside down loaf, and carefully invert so it’s right side up.

cinnamon sugar pull apart bread recipe with step by step instructions

And of course, enjoy dear friends.

Which I am sure you will.

(This recipe was adapted from here.)

127 Responses to Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread

hmmm…úúúúžasne-úúúžasnééééééééééé…….:)

I have seen this so many times in different forms but a new post on it never fails to make me stop and gawp dreamily at the screen. The only reason I havnt attempted it yet is cos i think it would be far too dangerous to have so much yummy bread in the house when its just me and my mum! But it just looks heavenly, that texture…oh…haha i think i may have to give in!

zoomyummy says:

Hehe! It will just get you sooner or later. And two people is a perfect number for this bread, I’d say. Maybe a little too many, even. :) Petra

Ady says:

Wonderful, Petra, congrats ;))

Amal says:

mmmmm its amazing

Michaela says:

Namiiiii!!! Rano k cajiku :) fotecky ukazkove, krasne.

SamCyn says:

Petra, you’re killing me! LOL, I just started juice/fruit and veggies only adventure for the next 5-10 days. I soooo want some of this right now! I’ll have to try it later, much, much later. Thanks for sharing :-)

Sara says:

delicious! i added pecans too :]

tofugirl says:

Petraaaa!!! Stop taunting me!! This looks so good, but it is way too hot to bake! The only solution is that you send me some immediately….

Petra says:

…hehe, well, I took advantage of the colder week we are having here. I needed some comfort through all the rain. And I’m glad I made exactly this. Just try it when the weather is more bearable in your region. You will be glad you did. :) Petra

I have to make this!!! Looks incredible! :D

Yum. This looks delicious. I will definitely be making this. Shame I didn’t see it earlier. It could have kept me entertained on my weekends stuck indoors from the rain!

Awesome photos too! :)

MnYfoodtalk says:

Very nice slice of bread. Can’t wait to try it!

Trying to make this says:

wait…am I going crazy or is it missing how many eggs we should use in the recipe?

Trying to make this says:

HA! just kidding…I take back my previous comment

grace says:

stellar. this, my friend who i don’t really know at all, is perfection. :)

Alyce says:

Yum. And you photos are lovely.

elky says:

it doesnt say how many eggs

Heidi says:

This looks awesome, but you never included the number of eggs in the ingredients!

Heidi says:

JUST SAW THAT ^. haha. thanks. (:

flowersforelephants says:

This is currently baking in the oven right now. It smells heavenly. I can not wait to eat it! :D

[...] The recipe used was the one from Zoom Yummy. [...]

Joy says:

Petra, someone mentioned that it was too hot to bake and thus you should send them some of this beautiful bread. I have to say, I may just have to ignore the 100+ F temperatures we are having here in Texas and bake some. I think it is vital to my existence! HAHA!

Emily says:

I just took my first bite right out of the oven…DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing, and beautiful pictures. Next time I think I will add raisins and see how that turns out.

Lisa R says:

We’re just letting the dough sit in the oven before we cook this in the oven. I’m glad we rolled it out a little thin (who needs a ruler?) because the dough fairy just ate 10 squares of dough! Can’t wait to eat it tonight! PS. If it’s that hot out, try using your BBQ to make the bread! It’s a great place for dough to rise and if done properly could bake the bread too :)

[...] Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread From Zoom Yummy [...]

tiffany says:

This may be a stupid question, but what do you mean by flip-book?

[...] Рецепт и пошаговые фото можно посмотреть здесь [...]

RedTopLady says:

This bread is sooooo great! We ate it all as soon as it came out of the pan, loved it. I also tried it with my go to quick way of baking rolls. One night I did not have yeast and wanted this bread badly. I had in my pantry a mix I use often for rolls. My grocery carries a Hot Roll mix. Little box has flour mixture and yeast, you add egg, butter, hot water. Makes a nice dough, wonderful rolls and a loaf if you wish. I used this mix for the dough proceeded from there, it was great too. Thanks for the recipe.

Megan says:

This is the first time I have ever attempted a bread recipe. Everything, I found, was easy until I got to the kneading part… HAHA. For some reason I thought I had done it before and, eh, no big deal…obviously I didn’t know what I was doing & had dough stuck all to my hands. I managed to put the dough into the pan. Currently waiting for it to finish baking………………Delicious but I don’t think I kneaded the bread long enough. I will try again though! Thanks for the tasty recipe!!

[...] I’m not going to reproduce the recipe here as it has already been documented to the point of perfection by Joy the Baker and here’s an alternate recipe by Zoom Yummy. [...]

Mary says:

in the ingridents, you mentioned “Active Dry Yeast”….. but you didn’t let it raise with the water or milk first but instead pour into dry mixture. I just wonder the only yeast doesn’t need to raise first before mixing with dry ingridents is “Instant Active Dry Yeast”.
    So would like to double confirm this with you before trying this yummy recipe!
    Thanks!

Coco Galvez says:

I’m making this right now but I have active dry yeast, do I have to do any changes to the recipe? I’ll appreciate your prompt answer or anyone that knows the answer, thanks

zoom yummy says:

Hi Coco! You need to activate ‘active dry yeast’ in a little bit of lukewarm water before you add it to the batter or read the instructions on the package to learn how to activate the yeast. Happy baking to you! :) Petra

Coco Galvez says:

Thank you so much, I baked it last night and my family loved it, It was soft, sweet and delish, my house smelled delish, thank you againg for the recipe, I love it!!!

Linda Cee says:

Must try!!!! Thanks for sharing such a yummy-looking (and sounding) recipe :)

Lacey Abate says:

Just curious….is there a way to prep this the night before and cook it in the morning with equally fabulous results?? Can’t wait to try it!

Thank you!!

zoom yummy says:

Hi Lacey, I recommend baking this just after it has risen. I am sure it will taste very nice even the next morning. Happy baking! :) Petra

Deanna says:

I just finished making this and it is AMAZING!! It was honestly my first time even kneading dough (I had to youtube how to do it lol) but it turned out great! I can’t wait for my hubby to get off work so he can try some! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Rachel says:

I have had this bookmarked for a while………..but I can’t resist any longer! I’ll make it this weekend, yummm :)

erica says:

Petra, this bread was absolutely fantastic! I really enjoyed the baking process as I love love love everything with cinnamon. The smell from the oven was making me drool and when i finally got to taste the bread, well, it was orgasmic. There goes my diet and thank god my family doesn’t like cinnamon!

Tasneem says:

i must say! That is the most delicious bread i ever ate.

Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread | LovePeonies says:

[...] making bread in a long time. The last time I made bread was years ago while still in school. This post on zoom yummy entices me to do it with the beautiful step-by-step pictures instructions. Makes you [...]

Dianna Roberts says:

Just took this from oven SIMPLY DELICIOUS so puffy–2 pcs popped out of pan!!

Jade Summer says:

Just made this for the first time last night. I can’t believe how good this bread is, it’s truly addicting and probably shouldn’t be in the house. But it’s just too good. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Brian Choinski says:

I am good baker and cook but I just failed epicly at this recipe. I honestly have no idea what I did wrong. The dough was too wet from the start, so I added enough flour to make a kneadable dough. At the end of 30 minutes of baking time I still had raw dough in the middle of the pan, but the sugar mixture was heavily caramelized and erupting out of the pan. I eventually just took it out of the oven and while the outside pieces are good they are hard like rocks from all that caramel. I guess it just wasn’t my day?

[...] *I can’t stop eating treats. It’s not been good. I actually have been better about eating my fruits and veggies but then I’ve still gotta have chocolate, muffins, etc. I am dying to make this recipe. [...]

Cooking Mumu says:

Hi !

I’ve made your recipe : JUST PERFECT !
    The best brioche ever, thanks for it !
    (you can see it on my blog ;-) )

Phuong Miu says:

Your bread looks amazing I couldn’t stop looking at the pictures!!!!! I tried the recipe as soon as I found this entry of yours and failed horribly :( The dough was too wet I couldn’t even knead even after loads more flour I put in, it was all over my hand so I gave up and just left to rise, will see how it goes in another half an hr, but I guess, but no kneading at all, there’d be no good coming from it. Is it supposed to be that wet? So wanna have a bite of this amazing bread of yours >”<

Kara says:

I just made this the other day and it turned out amazing! heres the picture http://goo.gl/C6yGR the entire place smelled if cinnamon! So worth the prep time and patience.

This really looks yummy and mouth watering!

cariza says:

hi, i dont have oven at home is there any chance that i can use microwave?what is the instructions if i’ll be using microwave?thanks a lot…i so love to try this one..cause cinnamon is my favorite…