How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers

how to make simple crochet slippers free pattern free tutorial free picture tutorial free picture pattern

IMPORTANT NOTE: This pattern uses US crochet terminology. You can find the SLIPPER SIZE, YARN and HOOK specifications at the end of this article !!!

(To see more of my patterns, please visit my ONLINE SHOP!)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am an addict.

An addict for crochet slippers.

It all began when I saw slippers similar to these somewhere on the internet.

I loved them so much I couldn’t get their tempting image out of my head.

All I needed was a pattern.

But because I am terribly, terribly impatient, I found creating my own pattern quicker than looking for an official one on the web.

And since I’m no crochet guru, the pattern turned out to be really simple.

Actually, these slippers might be the simplest slippers in the universe.

Or not.

But they might.

This is what I did…

Round 1: 5 ch (chain stitch);  join into ring with sl st (slip stitch)

Round 2: 3 ch;  7 dc (double crochet stitch) into the center of the ring;  join with sl st

Round 3: 3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch;  2 dc into each next stitch; join with sl st

Round 4: 3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch;  2 dc into each next stitch

Round 5 – 13: (continue crocheting in spiral);  1 dc into each dc

Row 14: turn (!);  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  make 20 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 15 – 21: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 20 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 22: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch from hook;  continue 21 dc (1 dc into each next dc);  another 1 dc into last stitch

Row 23 – 25: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 22 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Row 26: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into first stitch from hook;  continue 23 dc (1 dc into each next dc); another 1 dc into last stitch

Row 27 – 28: turn;  3 ch;  1 dc into second stitch from hook;  continue 24 dc (1 dc into each next dc)

Finish off and weave in the ends.

Fold the end in half and sew it together.

Make sure it’s turned like shown in the picture  – with the seam finally facing inward.

Done.

Now for the edging:

Tie a yarn of the same or different color to the edge of the slipper.

That will make our first ‘stitch’.

Make 2 chain stitches.

Then make 1 single crochet into the next bigger (as I call it) ‘hole’.

Then make 1 chain stitch.

Continue this pattern (1 single crochet stitch; 1 chain stitch) along the edge of your slipper.

Finally, make 1 slip stitch to join with the first stitch.

Finish off end weave in the ends.

And this is it.

You can adorn these slippers with colorful buttons, flowers or even crochet swirls.

I really hope you’ll find as much passion in making them as I have.
And for your inspiration, here are a few more crochet slippers that I’ve made:

Enjoy, dear friends.

Love,

Petra

(Oh, one important thing! These slippers were made to fit my feet, which are size 40 – Europe / 6.5 – UK / 9 – US. To adjust the size of these slippers to your feet you may need to change the number of rounds between the round 5 and 13 and the number or rows between the row 15 – 21 of this post. AND… I used worsted weight yarn and G – 4 mm hook to make the slippers.)

(To see more of my patterns, please visit my ONLINE SHOP!)

506 Responses to How to Make Simple Crochet Slippers

lola rojas says:

hi, i’m trying to make these, but i’m a real noob when it comes to reading patterns. can you explain step 2? please :D

Waione says:

Thankyou! Your instructions were perfect!!! My mother taught me how to crochet using different terminology (single crochet is an apple, double crochet is a banana etc etc (peaches, pineapples, strawberrys) so I find most instructions quite difficult. Three days ago I made my first pair of brown and pink, then I got an order, and then I got another order!! Have to stop taking orders now.. these are great, and my own are so cumfy!!

carljean says:

Thx for the free pattern. I have been looking for one like this. I too like crocheting. It is so addictive. Bless your work.

eddy fuentes says:

Gracias por compartir tus tejidos me encanto las pantuflas son bastantes faciles para nosotras las que sabemos muy poco de tejidos las hice y fueron la sensacion de mis amigas mil gracias, y por favor sigue publicando tejidos faciles quisiera que publicaras tejidos para bebe me va nacer otro nieto y quisiera hacerle el juego de salida del hospital ayudame por favor te lo agradezco a todas lsas tejedoras del mundo que dios les bendigas besos

Gillian says:

Great pattern! I was wondering, do you know how much of the main colour yarn you used? (Either yards/metres or by weight). I’m thinking of making these and would like to be sure how much yarn to order! Thanks :)

Maria José says:

Olá petra, adorei estes chinelos que vc fez, tbm sou artesã e gosto de ver coisas diferentes, são lindos mesmo, gostaria de saber se posso fazer para vender???

Maria José says:

Oa Petra, adorei seus modelos de chinelo, vivo na internet para procurar modelos diferentes, tbm sou artesã e gostaria de saber se posso usar estes modelos para vender, qd faço algo que não inventei sempre digo que encontrei na net.

Im abraço Maria José

Helen says:

I love the way you explain the stitches and directions for this slipper, could you by chance do the same thing for me in a granny square tutorial. I am having trouble getting anything I can understand. I am new at this and would apprecite it

Catisha says:

Hi Petra,

I absolutely love your patterns, very easy to understand and follow. I recently purchased three from you :) I was just wondering if these slippers could be made with feltable yarn? If so, would you recommend a certain hook size?

Thanks,

Catisha

Petra says:

Hello again Catisha!
      Thank you for the kind words, I am really glad you like the patterns. I think that these slippers can be definitely made with feltable yarn – that could look wonderful!! Enjoy! Petra :)

Donna says:

Is your simple crochet slippers written for American or English knitting?
    I was wondering because I finished the 6th role and it fit over my toes. I was doing an american dc
    Should I have been doing sc? Also what size hook and yarn did you use. Please help.

Learn Crochet Now Blog says:

[…] You can find the pattern for these slippers here:  http://zoomyummy.com/2011/01/21/how-to-make-simple-crochet-slippers/ […]

Rosemarie says:

Crocheted slippers I make are very slippery. I am afraid my grandkids will get hurt. They love them and keep asking for them. How do you stop them from sliding? Thanks

Daisy says:

Hi I think your slipper pattern is not easy. One you don’t say what type of worsted weight yarn you used, becasue that is just how the yarn is made and not what weight it is. For example worsted yarn #3, or #4.

Melissa says:

Thank you so much for your pattern! I have wanted to learn how to make crocheted slippers for a really long time and was too cheap to purchase a pattern lol! I saw your site on pinterest and I will have to give your pattern a try! Thank you so much, they are so adorable!!

Swapnali says:

Hi!!! your pattern is so simple, so cute and so easy to make!!! i was so happy to see such an easy pattern online!!! Thanks to you!!!!

Megan says:

I love this! I just finished my first slipper and It turned out great. :) I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Strawberry, with 8dc into the ring, and in row 4 I did 1dc in 3 stitches, and 2dc in all others, just for a different fit, because with 7dc in the ring it wasn’t working quite right :) I trimmed it with Red Heart SS (a little scratchy but it works) and made a neat little bow.

I’ll post pictures when it’s daylight and I have both slippers finished! :) Tot Ziens xx

[…] yapılış aÅŸamasına bakarak fikir almak isteyenlere burada gördüm. VN:F [1.9.15_1155]please wait…Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast) Reklam : Etiketler: […]

Suzanne I. Schnell says:

Your simple slippers are indeed simple. However, could you please send the instructions to my email address? The instructions are given on the internet with so many pictures that are really not necessary and make the cost of copying them more than is necessary.
    I would like to make them for foot coverings to wear in shoes. The ones that are presently offered in the stores today are really not as good as in yesteryears.

Suzanne I. Schnell

Petra says:

Hi Suzanne!

I am glad you like the pattern.

You can easily print out the pattern by clicking the ‘Print Friendly’ icon which you can find in the line of icons at the end of the post (it is the last one).

If you click that icon, a new document will open. In this document you can easily click to delete any text or picture you don’t wish to be printed.

I hope this helps….

Happy crocheting to you!

Petra :)

Kitty says:

I’m with the person who used the american dc st… I ended up with something that barely fits my toe. So after row 6 I’ll be starting over and add more dc to the first chain ring. I still find this very useful! thanks a lot for sharing this :)

shirley says:

Dear Petra, your pattern is the best . A million thanks. Your directions were perfect and easy to read, a child could understand. I am just starting out crocheting and I know I will use the pattern again and again do to the ability to change the look to so many ways. thanks again .

Ada says:

I really do like your slippers pattern. I like to find different patterns on the internet and try them. Your pattern looks really good and looks simple enough. Thanks and I will let you know how they turn out.

Hester says:

Hi Petra,
    Im new to croceting, but enjoyd your pattern very much! Easy to follow instructions and my very first pair came out looking great! Very pleased with myself. Thank you so very much, looking out for more easy to follow patterns like these.

Hugs
    Hester

Beth E says:

Found your page through pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing.
    I’m making a few sets to keep in a basket by the front door for when
    guests come over. Don’t want their tootsies to get cold. :)

Tara says:

I made a slipper on my lunch break, left out a couple rows because my feet are small and it turned out great! I attempted a few different patterns this past weekend with no luck, got something that would fit my big toe!
    looking foward to finishing the pair when i get home and trying some of your otehr patterns!
    kudos on a great pattern!

Melissa says:

Hi,

Would you by chance have any instructions on the cute Mary Jane straps? Also I tried making the swirl flower and have no idea how to spiral the yarn to look like a flower. Could you please explain the process? Thank you so much!

Froken S says:

These are just lovely! I have now made a pair for my daughter that will soon be on my blog! Thank you for the inspiration!

Heather Clapsadl says:

I just made myself a part today i used baby blue for the main part and white for the top! I love them so so much! Thank you for sharing the pattern! I can’t wait to make another pair so when these get dirty I’ll still have another pair to wear! I’m debating what color i want next! :D Great design!

Monique Wales says:

Petra you rock. My cousin told me to go to you. I’m 53 and RElearning how to crochet to keep my hnads busy. I’m on a lot ot steroids for medical reasons. I’ve had to relearn terminology and now how to read patterns. And a lot of the ones that are out there that say easy make me feel stupid. Yours makes so much sence!!!! Now i need to know how toget a printable version because I’m a nut job and have to have list and such to work by. Did I mention I’m on HIGH steroids. If I ever finish the pattern I’m currently attempting I want to use yours right away. I only make stuff for family and would never not give you credit for the outcome, although I dont know if that’s a good thing. LOL!
    Monique aka Grammy

Erin says:

I just have one question! My slipper does not look as fitted on the toes so far for rounds 5-13.
    Any ideas?

Tığ ile çetik örme | Kadın Ve Kadına Dair Herşey / Meleklericin.Com says:

[…] yapılış aÅŸamasına bakarak fikir almak isteyenlere burada gördüm. HABER BÄ°LGÄ°LERÄ° Bu haber 26 Eylül 2012, 10:15 pm tarihinde El iÅŸi & […]

[…] that I just worked up!  A few months ago, while browsing on pinterest, I saw some really cute and simple looking slippers made by Zoom Yummy. Well, it was getting ready to be summer and I’m a barefoot kinda gal, so I didn’t have […]

Janira says:

Great tutorial. Thank you so much. How many inches did you sew when you flipped the back to join the two sides? Also, how do you add the strap that goes across like in the pink slippers picture?
    Thank you.

tineytimbers@hotmail.com says:

this is the BEST i love them thank you for shairing !!

Sarah says:

Thank you so much! I have been looking for a slipper pattern. I even bought one, but I am not an expert and could not follow the directions… This I can do! Thank you so much!!!

Rae says:

I la la LOVE this pattern :) Easiest slipper pattern out there & ever so comfy!
    I’ve made several pairs for some expecting mothers I know, and I’ve gotten requests for several more pairs. Thank you so much for posting this!

Funky knitting patterns says:

It is truly a great and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Candy says:

Hi! Love these little slippers! I love the idea of crocheting, but all my ‘easy’ washclothes come out diagonal… Oh well. Perhaps I’ll sit down and attempt these. They’re super cute!

Jessica says:

Love this pattern! Thanks for sharing!! I made some peacock themed, you can see them here – http://mycraftylifeasanairforcewife.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/peacock-inspired-crochet-slippers

Shawna says:

Thank you so much for providing this pattern! I absolutely love it. I’ve only made one slipper so far, but it is so cute! I only made a few alterations to the pattern, mainly because my foot is smaller, and it was pretty easy to adjust. I’ll be making a pair for my sister who’ll be going through some surgery, and I think that she’ll love them. Again, thank you!

Adele says:

Coming from South Africa, I constantly need to determine if the pattern is in UK or US stitches. A trick that I use is looking at the starting number of chains. 3 Chains tells me that after pulling the yarn through the loop, I should have 3 loops on the hook, then the DC or TR. As my grandmother taught me how to crochet and she used her own terminology, I was forced to find ways of understanding what I should do. I’m looking forward to making the slippers!

Feyi says:

I don’t understand the pattern. I you suppose to do round 2 like that or 2 stitches in each stitch I tried the pattern but I did not come out well

Drora says:

Thanks for sharing the slippers pattern. I’ll try to make them in miniatures.

Laura E. says:

Adore, adore, adore this. Couldn’t have been simpler and totally customizable. I did it with a size G hook and Red Heart Super Saver yarn (freshly washed for softness!). i added a few rounds in the spiral, to cover my high arch, but they turned out to fit about 7.5 or an 8 in US women’s size. For my MIL and SIL who have slightly bigger sizes I will just start with more, and for my sister and mom who are smaller I will start with less. Can’t wait to try doing different colors for a “paint dipped” toe effect! Way to go-splendid pattern!

Debra says:

Hi,
    I really like the pattern. I work in a nursing home and some of our residents are in wheel chairs or Geri-chairs all the time so I wanted something I could make up quick. My question is do you make the front shorter when you add the strap? I am trying to get a couple of the spider ones made before halloween for our residents and i will do some for the other holidays to. What you could also tell people if they use a larger hook it will increase the size of the slipper using the same pattern. I did to make a size 9 used a J hook. Debra

Maria Zulay Ho says:

Hola Petra la verdad es que es muy facil ver tus explicaciones yo munca he hecho una
    zapatillas pero estoy tan segura que estas ls voy a poder hacer gracias y si puede siguelo
    haciendo somos muchas la que te vamos agradecer Dios te lo page
    Zulay

Kathy Hitchcock says:

I love your pattern, I have made about six pair so far and plan on making alot more for christmas gifts this year. I altered the pattern so that I could make some for my grandkids and they love them and are wanting more. Thank you so much. I enjoy getting and sharing patterns and ideas with friends and family. Not everyone likes to share free patterns. Thanks again.
    Kathy

Mercedes says:

I like

Cynthia says:

These are cute and very simple to make. I make something simular, but keep going and turn it into a bootie for warmth around my ankles. If you are interested I will send you a picture of one and how I did it. I am like you. I hate reading the directions in crochet books. I can usually just look at something and make it, much easier for me anyways! I think I am dislexic or something close to that. My thing is making hats. I most have at least a hundred or more just lying around waiting for a head to hope on! I can send picks of those too! Well thank you for your easy intructions for slippers… I can’t spell either… oh well…Do you sell any of your things? If yes, where or what website?? Take care and have a nice evening!! Addicted to crochet! Cindy

Sandy says:

I love your slippers……I plan on making some for christmas. Could you explain how to make the flowers on the slipper?

Nicole says:

LOVE this pattern!! The photos were exceptional quality and instructions were great. I made myself a “test”pair and plan to make these for friends, family, and charity for Christmas. So quick, simple, beautiful and comfy! Thanks so much for sharing.

Add Comment Register