Bacon and Cheese Biscuits

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe

I’d love to reveal a little secret about our monkey household of two.

We love biscuits! All sorts of them!

Unbelievable, huh?

Biscuits are especially enjoyed by the male monkey over here.

You should see his smile each time he finds out they are in the oven.

It’s the widest and most content smile I’ve ever seen.

And when the biscuits are done my boyfriend immediately grabs his plate of at least fourteen and hurries to watch his favorite sitcoms.

I love to make biscuits because somehow they make the world a perfect place.

They are magical.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

Here are the ingredients.

And here’s the bacon.

It’s a crucial part of the magic.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

1. To make your own Bacon and Cheese Biscuits, first preheat the oven to 390 °F (200 °C).

2. Then slice the bacon thinly.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

3. In a large pan, fry the bacon over moderate heat until crisp.

This will take a couple of minutes.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

4. When beautifully crispy, remove the bacon from the pan and crumble it finely.

5. Grab the cheese and grate it.

Just like this.

This is a lot of cheese.

The cheese mostly will constitute the flavor of your biscuits. So choose the one you really like.

It’s completely up to you.

I used Leerdammer. Next time I’ll try Cheddar, I think.

It’s fun because the biscuits can be different every time.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

6. Now we need a large bowl.

Using a pastry cutter (or just a fork), combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper and butter until crumbs form.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

7. Stir in the grated cheese and the bacon.

8. Then add the milk…

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

9. …and stir together just until the dry ingredients are well moistened.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

10. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and make a Halloween face out of it.

Sorry.

What I really mean is that now you should knead the dough 4 – 5 times.

To make the biscuits perfectly soft, the trick is not to over-knead the dough.
bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

11. Roll it out to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thickness.

When it gets sticky use some flour to make the job easier.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

12. Cut out rounds using a 2-inch (5 cm) cutter.

Pat the scraps together, re-roll them and cut out some more rounds.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

13. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Arrange your biscuits on the sheet about 1/2 inch (2.5 cm) apart.

bacon and cheese biscuits recipe with step by step pictures

14. And bake them for about 15 minutes.

These are so yummy.

Enjoy, dear friends!

This recipe makes about 36 biscuits.

(The recipe was adapted from LeitesCulinaria.com.)

169 Responses to Bacon and Cheese Biscuits

I would change the milk to buttermilk. They give it an extra tang and if you add baking soda, gives them an extra rise because of the chemical reaction with the acid in the buttermilk and the baking soda. I would recommend 2 tsp of baking soda. The biscuits will rise higher and fluffier.

Blessings on you and yours
    John Wilder

lewisha says:

Wow, these look amazing, i hungry just looking at them…

That looks incredibly bad for me, I am going to have to try them! Thanks for sharing this idea.

jojo says:

Those look great! I’m putting them on my list to try. We love biscuits.

Wow, they really do look great!

adelita137 says:

Magnífico blog. Al fin una receta que puedo hacer fácilmente en esta difícil Habana.
    Gracias.
    Volveré con frecuencia.
    Thank you.
    AD

Joachim Boaz says:

These look amazing — I’m going to buy the ingredients tomorrow — the first time in months and months and months that I’ve had bacon — I might as well make something yummy when I splurge — thanks for the recipe :)

Liv says:

Om nom nom nom.

Bacon?

Cheese?

Butter?

It’s like the Holy Trinity!

mimealgia says:

This is brilliant.

amandalove09 says:

That sounds delicious. I might try a hand at manking those someday. Have you ever taken any culinary classes?

zoomyummy says:

Hi Amanda! Thanks! I haven’t taken any culinary classes, well, other than standing in my Mom’s and Grandma’s kitchens and staring at the wonders they did. Although, I’d travel to some good French culinary school to learn it all right now… that’s a secret dream of mine. :) Petra

myselfugg says:

It is delicious look like!
    I love it

susie4larry says:

Gotta try these…SOOOON!!!!

this looks delicious!

nhlgambler says:

hello! I just run into you blog!

I will try to make this Bacon and Cheese Biscuits =)

// NHL Gambler

pegbur7 says:

Popping over from freshly pressed. OMG these look yummy. Two of my favorite things: Bacon and Cheese. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for sharing.

OKAY…these look awesome!! Can’t wait to try them out :)

thanks!

-Lucky

Daniel Sach says:

Those look amazing. My wife is not a pork eater but after making these she has changed her mind. Could not get enough.

cathychua says:

Hello. I do not see instructions for what temperature the oven should be and if it should be preheated and what shelf to place the biscuits.

If I find this out, I’d love to try this recipe!

Master Kushikimi-San says:

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those look tasty…

hjemmeside says:

Wow, it looks great!
    I love bacon, maybe you could spice it a little up with some chilly..

Love your creativity. I have a group on FB that have many talented people as yourself. If your into sharing photos with recipe we would love to have you and anyone else above who love to cook and share!

Group name is What Sha Cooking

V.V. Denman says:

Because of this Freshly Pressed article, stores across the world are running low on bacon and cheese. Way to go!

i think i will serve these for my housewarming party! thanks!

my daughter says to tell you that your photography is really arty and guess what? her nickname is Zoomy :)
    lovely post!

HEAVEN! These will be great on Thanksgiving morning. I might just have to make 2 batches.

YUM!!!!!

Adopt, don't shop for a pet says:

These looks amazing!!! Caught my attention quickly and made me very hungry. These look even better than Red Lobster! Thank you for taking the time to share your recipe. It is very easy to follow the instructions you posted. I will be making these as soon as I get a chance. Wonderful blog!

alicia says:

Making these tonight! Wish me luck (though with bacon, how could I go wrong!).

rsmacaalay says:

For me at first sight, it looks a bit weird as I grew up with biscuits being sweet. Its like Cheese Ice Cream in Philippines, Corn and Milk Crushed Ice Shake in Malaysia or Marmite sandwich in New Zealand. But on second thought bacon and cheese have that really nice flavours which negates that tought, looks like this is a must try. Just the images you have there makes me drool already.

Raymund

It does look delicious! With the bacon and cheese on it, yum! Can’t hardly wait to try this one. Gratz for being freshly pressed!

Buy Aion Account

calogeromira says:

These biscuits are inviting. And the bacon as well.

Lucia and Lucas says:

We loved this recipie! We definetely will be making it again. The only changes we had to make for the southern hemisphere (we are in Porto Alegre/RS/Brazil) was to double the flour and use less milk. Thanks!

Lucia and Lucas says:

One more thing… We used the mix of provolone and parmesan for cheese. Hummmm… Delicious!

Moni donald says:

Its just looks “Yammy”…. i like this recipe, when i made it than its comes in brownish red shade it looks so amazing…..!!!!!

Thanks…..!!!!!
    World of Warcraft

anika says:

I made them today. mine look more like some meteors, but the tast is yummie! even my man likes them.( and he is the kind of guy who don’t want to eat what he don’t know)

Joe Cruz says:

After seeing the pictures I had to make these, but I decided to use Cheddar cheese. All I have to say is, you can’t go wrong with bacon and cheese.

Thanks for the great recipe!!
    Web Design

Karen says:

I tried this recipe yesterday and loved it! When I read the recipe I thought, he’d eat 14? Seriously? LOL! I think I may have eaten even more than that. Omg this is a brilliant biscuit!

[…] Das Rezept mit tollen Bildern und Anleitungen gibt es bei der lieben Petra von ZoomYummy! […]

Lilo Loves says:

Mmmmm, this look really good. Really want to try this recipe out.

Galya says:

Wow, it looks great! Wow!
    You are my favorite cook

Add Comment Register