I am going to tell you a secret today.
Huge, important and life-changing secret.
It has something to do with love…
Would you like to know?
I just know you do!
So sit down comfortably and listen.
This secret has been passed down from generation to generation in our family and it reveals how to win a man’s heart.
It’s not about magic, it’s not about spells… to win a man’s heart you just have to prepare this delicious chicken with heavenly sauce for the special one your heart is fond of.
You will watch the results in awe.
I’m telling you.
It has been tested!
These are the ingredients – very simple dish it is, indeed.
1. Start by making yourself some nice cup of coffee and play one of Martha’s shows on the internet.
The atmosphere is very important here!
2. Then grab an onion and cut it into halves.
Cut the half horizontally…
… and then slice it neatly.
3. Now pour 4 tablespoon vegetable oil into a bigger pot and heat it up.
4. Add the onions and fry them, stirring constantly…
… just until they have this yellow color.
5. Then add 2 teaspoons sweet red paprika.
This ingredient is crucially important in this meal.
6. Stir the paprika with the onions around for about 30 seconds – not more.
7. We are going to need the skinned chicken legs now… so yes, it is very good if you have skinned them in advance.
8. Place the legs into the pot and cover them with the bouillon/broth.
9. Stir gently, cover and bring to a boil.
Then allow to boil moderately just until the meat gets fork-tender.
This is going to take about 45-55 minutes, I guess.
10. Meanwhile, with Martha still talking about all the great stuff that girls love, we can prepare the flour-cream mixture.
That will make our sauce beautifully creamy.
In a separate bowl, pour 4 tablespoons flour, 3 1/2 tablespoons (heaping) sour cream and 1/2 cup (120 ml) whipping cream.
Give that all a good mix.
11. Now make a little test of fork-tenderness.
Remove one leg from the pot and check whether it is tender enough to be easily pierced or cut with a fork.
Basically, it just should be… hmm… tender, folks.
12. After you’ve concluded that the legs are exactly how they should be, remove them all from the pot onto a separate plate or bowl.
13. Pour the flour-cream mixture into the pot while whisking constantly and bring the whole mixture to a boil (while still whisking).
See?… I wasn’t even able to capture this step properly, because I was using both of my hands. And my tripod is who-knows-where.
Allow to boil for about 3-5 more minutes – giving the sauce the necessary time to get thicker (and of course, stir constantly).
14. Remove the sauce from the heat and taste it. Some more salt might be needed – I added about 1/2 tsp (the amount of salt needed depends on the bouillon/broth you’ve used).
15. At this point you can decide, whether you want to serve the legs in whole pieces like this (in this case return them back to the pot), or if you want to serve the meat only (using two forks remove the meat from the bones and return the meat into the pot).
Here we go, nicely served with fusilli.
Now place this plate right under the particular man’s nose and see what happens.
And let me know!
(Click the RECIPE SECTION to see more of my recipes.)